Commented Games for a Noob?

By Kakita Shijin, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Howdy there disenfrancistos !

I hope you are all excited about the upcoming Android RPG sourcebook for Genesys; I certainly am. I've wanted to get into Netrunner and now I have an excuse; I need to learn more about "running" especially and the whole setting in general. At the moment I think what I need is a YouTube channel with commented games. There are many, no doubt. But are there any that consistently show card images and/or explain what the cards do?

There's Team Covenant ... any others?

Oh yeah, and what are your favorite podcasts and why? :D

Also if anyone is interested I'll be willing to share my character sheet for Android: Genesys as it stands. It's form-fillable and made from scratch (that is, it doesn't look like a Genesys character sheet. It's pretty simple and ink-lite.)

Last, something to disagree with so I get some replies:

"Information, relationships, excitement, sensies, products, property, games technology―NBN provides all this and more! NBN is your trusted source for whatever you need. Making your life better is our goal."

If you want things explained for a new person to the game, yeah Team Covenant just put up some learning videos.

I like Metropole grid. He is young and high energy so he talks a bit fast at times but generally gives good commentary about how and why things are done. The best thing to do is to pause the video and look the card up on netrunnerdb that is being played to clearly see what the card is. Jinteki doesn't show the cards too well at times.

Came here to cite Metropole Grid.

The Team Covenant Netrunner tutorial videos are outstanding. not only do they show cards and carefully explain the game they also as they go on explain and show off some strategies. So they don't just show a new player what the tools are they also show some ways to use them.

Thanks for the replies! Metropole Grid is indeed good, and I'm working through the Team Covenant tutorials too. I also found Run Last Click (probably when searching this forum for podcasts). Their most recent episode is Episode 90: Revised Core - Beginner Special , so that was helpful.

There is a dead YouTube channel devoted to Android lore ... any chance there are other media that cover lore? Even just stray podcast episodes?

@Aingeru TeamworkCast and Trace Five are fantastic and just what I was looking for! Thank you!