Genesys Creature Catalogue (formerly Bestiary)

By Direach, in Genesys

On 2/16/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dragonshadow said:

Quick question: a number of minions have abilities that boost the assist maneuver. Aren’t minion groups already assisting each other via their group stat? Or is a group using the maneuver to self-assist similar to an aim maneuver?

It is a little weird with minion groups. I ported that ability over from Star Wars, but it is a little clunky. The easiest solution is to allow them 2 Boost if they assist another ally, or if they take the Aim action (rather than precise targeting, it reflects the minion group members creating an opportunity for a more effective attack). It should only work if there are numerically two or more attackers, though (even if both are in the same minion group).

Edited by Direach

Seems reasonable. It's funny, but reading that ability in your document actually had me in a mental tailspin of how minion group checks worked. So I'll still pose the question here for a confirmation: the group gets one combined attack roll, correct? Effectively, barring blast and autofire, the group is going to attack a single target with a single roll. Assuming they don't need to move a distance within their turn, and can plant themselves and/or coordinate further, the groups with the pack attack or similar talent get +2 boost.

I like it. The PC's might not, but that's when they need to learn to force a minion squad to spend effort moving and not improving their aim.

Edited by Dragonshadow
2 hours ago, Dragonshadow said:

Seems reasonable. It's funny, but reading that ability in your document actually had me in a mental tailspin of how minion group checks worked. So I'll still pose the question here for a confirmation: the group gets one combined attack roll, correct? Effectively, barring blast and autofire, the group is going to attack a single target with a single roll. Assuming they don't need to move a distance within their turn, and can plant themselves and/or coordinate further, the groups with the pack attack or similar talent get +2 boost.

I like it. The PC's might not, but that's when they need to learn to force a minion squad to spend effort moving and not improving their aim.

That's correct, a minion group gets a single action and maneuver each turn. Barring exceptional circumstances, a minion group can only take one maneuver per turn, as they cannot suffer strain, voluntarily or not. Of course, depending on the adversary type, you could make an exception to that (for exceptionally or supernaturally fast adversaries), but I'd make that a very rare exception.

I haven't used the Pack Tactics ability a lot, but I had the kobolds make good use of it. A pack of kobold warriors would engage a player, then provide Boost dice to an Alpha engaged with the same player.

Edited by Direach

Just as a heads up, not sure why but the creature catalogue isn't opening - the link is going to a translate site

Screenshot_20201003-225420_Chrome.jpg

Hmm, that's weird. I'll create a new link and update the original post. Thanks for letting me know!