Uthuk Double Core Only

By jcshep19, in Runewars List Building

So I rep most of my games solo. I have enough for 2x Daqan armies, 1.5 Waiqar, and 1x Latari. I decided to give in and pick up an Uthuk army to be able to field a barbarian/fanatic army. To keep it reasonable I’m doing two cores, and that’s it, no command, no later expansions (except maybe new hero and depending on the new unit).

With that in mind, here’s the initial list I came up with:

2x 2x2 bezerkers:war crier, terrifying heraldry

1x 2x2 flesh rippers:MoI

1x Ravos:reaping blade, insatiable hunger

2x single spined threshers

war crier and terrifying heraldry are my more experimental choices, but figure it gives them a way to remove banes and capitalize on all the panic being induced.

Thoughts and critiques welcome!

I would recommend spending the $25 for the command pack. Their command pack is one of my favorites so far. There are so many great options.

With that said I would much prefer the Uthuk unique that came with the box over Reaping Blade, as I feel reaping blade is so seldomly beneficial, but that may just be me. How many points does this come out to?

Yeah I figure I probably will eventually, just kidding myself I don’t need it just yet and that I have some control, with 2xscouts and 3xdarnati on the horizon.

but in the mean time, that list is 200. I put reaping mostly as filler. Had already been thinking about dropping it to try out fear incarnate instead, as I realized my panic generation isn’t quite as great as I thought.

If I do that then the choice is either MoI on the rippers and a 2pt bid, or the goblet. I can attest to MoI’s effectiveness though I don’t have an easy way to refresh it, but I’m a little iffy on whether the regen on Ravos will pay off instead.

If nothing else, Viscera Goblet is a fun card. I recommend trying it out and getting a feel for it before passing judgement on it. Ravos is totally vicious enough that he will be adding more wounds to that card!

21 hours ago, jcshep19 said:

Yeah I figure I probably will eventually, just kidding myself I don’t need it just yet and that I have some control, with 2xscouts and 3xdarnati on the horizon.

but in the mean time, that list is 200. I put reaping mostly as filler. Had already been thinking about dropping it to try out fear incarnate instead, as I realized my panic generation isn’t quite as great as I thought.

If I do that then the choice is either MoI on the rippers and a 2pt bid, or the goblet. I can attest to MoI’s effectiveness though I don’t have an easy way to refresh it, but I’m a little iffy on whether the regen on Ravos will pay off instead.

17 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

If nothing else, Viscera Goblet is a fun card. I recommend trying it out and getting a feel for it before passing judgement on it. Ravos is totally vicious enough that he will be adding more wounds to that card!

In my experience Viscera is great. Some times I use it and don't need it and others I don't have enough of it, but every time I have felt like it's if nothing else a deterrent. I've never had an issue killing things with Ravos to add more, and I once was able to last way longer than he should have healing myself 3 more times before he finally died.

I'be been thinking more about your list since I got my second Uthuk Y'llan Army Expansion. You should have 2x Wind Rune and 2x Fire Rune. Have you thought about putting those on your Berserkers?

If you stick with Terrifying Heraldry, you might consider Fear Incarnate on Ravos instead of Insatiable Hunger (though I do love Insatiable Hunger.)

@Budgernaut yupp that’s exactly what I decided to do instead, 2x 2x2 berserkers with wind rune and terrifying heraldry, incarnate on ravos, 2x single threshers, and a 2x2 rippers w/MoI, 200pts exact.

being my 4th army now, I can probably dig up a few wind tunes somewhere ?