All pilots reporting in.

Poe (stock paint job)

Blue Ace, Red Ace

Snap, Jess, Ello, Nien

3 Red Squad Vets

4 Blue Squad Novices (stock paint job)

3C9W7PF.jpg

My favorite X-wing repaints:

photo-14_zpsqtbhaomv.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo-13_zps7gm4k5ax.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit photo_zpsu1s7pc08.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=cl photo-20_zpswjxmyjqu.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

VyDKnzQ.jpg

Red Ace:

Tjh4bLg.jpg

Some minor touch-ups on Jess Pava's ride:

byD6sN7.jpg

35953525792449501a65aa8b350cda97.jpg

More pictures here:

Teal Squadron and Burgundy Leader :D

JJwAbCL.jpg

qCimfPI.jpg

Mla6mxh.jpg

hVNOOed.jpg

Edited by Polda

Robots right? You have robots do the painting for you. Because no human can be that goo-- YOU ! YOU are the robot!

**Meep moop, blip bloop. Take me to your leader.**

Do you use tape to get the lines so crisp?

On 2/17/2018 at 6:35 AM, Force Majeure said:

Robots right? You have robots do the painting for you. Because no human can be that goo-- YOU ! YOU are the robot!

**Meep moop, blip bloop. Take me to your leader.**

Of course. Astromech.

;)

I didn't realize how many T-70s I've painted, so here are some of them
dBoxvM2.jpg rIu9PmM.jpg

5QVE1l9.jpg fa5tsQy.jpg

This one is a good deal older, but I still like the scheme

TFpnHRD.jpg zicqamd.jpg

YKlJl6s.jpg

Not much variance from the stock model, Just highlighting and cleaning up the missprinted areas...

op8pVJG.jpg

...and then adding R2-D2

Ok. Just stop with the astromechs. Just because you're all great painters doesn't mean you can show off with your great painting skills! :rolleyes:

(I really love it! Nice job! :D )

-DD

13 hours ago, Darth Drago said:

Ok. Just stop with the astromechs. Just because you're all great painters doesn't mean you can show off with your great painting skills! :rolleyes:

(I really love it! Nice job! :D )

-DD

Ordered a second black one model so I can do one with BB8 on. ;)

how do you even....

Lots and lots of glitterstim.

*In a whispered tone*

Wait where do you get it from...

I need some of that... ;)

-DD

Shared from my thread so as to be more easily found:

29748238_1853871741299228_1456677704_o 29955290_1853871677965901_1772867768_o

Bit of a crosspost. I feel like the T-70 is the more finished of the pair, here.
tumblr_p7mc602RIF1qa2la0o1_1280.jpg

A Mustang inspired T-70.

TmJbnGe.jpg

I'm not much cop as a painter, but if you want tiny lights crammed into your ships engines, I'm the man for that!

20180221_221301.jpg

Wow... I see you put the wiring on the outside. Propably because the plastic parts are just too small. Can you post a pic with the lighting switched off? I would love to see how you constructed it.

Here's a work in progress shot that give a reasonable idea of what's going on. In this first one, you can see how I've run the wires along the inner surfaces of the wings to the centre. There I ran them in (having cracked it apart fist, and down through holes drilled into it. Then (although I'm not using this method any more) I ran the negative terminal to the ball bearing used for magnetic mounting, and the positive to a 2mm magnet tapped into a hole drilled in the back of the body, then used magnetised connections so that it could be clipped and unclipped from the base.

20180302_122459.jpg

Edited by Keios

Thanks. I'm not sure if I want to put leds in mine, but at least it gives me a good impression on whats possible.

My contribution to this consolidated showcase thread :)
Find the rest of my repaints here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/281697-wanoumars-repaints/

U5KHNBk.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

WanouMars

T-70 "Goatwing" :P

QeBUZET.jpg

2vYQJZQ.jpg

Edited by Polda