Showcase: TIE Advanced Prototype

By Bullox, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Painted to match my Imperial Blue color scheme.

qu1I7ur.jpg

The blue really looks good on the TAP.

I just bought my first TAP and well. it is an ugly ship IMO. So I am planning to cut up the wings and bend them in slightly, then maybe a tab of paint.

TIE Advanced v1 for the Crimson Empire.

wyujMYr.jpg

Edited by Kleeg005
fix links...again

fMqp467.jpg kJqDhkq.jpg
N1VD1f9.jpg

Have recently dared and started to learn to paint. This is the first one I am really willing to show.

First Order Special Forces TAP

Yes, lore-wise it does not make sense for the FO to have a prototype and to use it for its SF, but I love the color scheme.

First Order TAP.png

FO TAP2.png

28 minutes ago, madsmty said:

Have recently dared and started to learn to paint. This is the first one I am really willing to show.

First Order Special Forces TAP

Yes, lore-wise it does not make sense for the FO to have a prototype and to use it for its SF, but I love the color scheme.

Super cool! I really like it!

That color scheme really suits that ship well.

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Super cool! I really like it!

That color scheme really suits that ship well.

Thanx!

Maybe the ship was the prototype for the paint scheme...? Then they went ahead and adopted it for the rest of their TIEs.

Yeah. That's what I'm going with.

Aggressive Prototype

iqEKkgk.jpg

I like this a lot. Someone get Lucasfilm on the phone. We need to talk.

I don't see anything new, but I still love this little guy:

swz50_ship-art.png

I don't know if it is because of the CGI but it looks quite blue.

Yep, the new CGI image looks more standard blue than prototype gray. Here's an image from the 1e expansion for comparison:

swx40_inquisitorbuild1.png

I guess the old ones might make a better canvas for repaints if you want to skip the primer step.

Edited by nitrobenz
21 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

Yep, the new CGI image looks more standard blue than prototype gray. Here's an image from the 1e expansion for comparison:

swx40_inquisitorbuild1.png

I guess the old ones might make a better canvas for repaints if you want to skip the primer step.

True, I think for 2.0 they will be releasing all Imperial/Tie Fighter ships in Imperial Blue with Squadron Packs bringing alt schemes to the table much like how Ace packs did before.

fang sqd. leader Ls2wuTF.jpg

tS5Q2VE.jpg