Showcase: U-Wing

By Bullox, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Edit - Added stock photo. rebel-u-wing-1-600px.gif

Rebel red repaint. I just painted all the blue panels red.

jcJWSgA.jpg

Edited by Bullox

The more I've lived with it, the more I really like the looks of the U-wing.

JbwwMr2.jpg

QkVx0c8.jpg

This scheme is based on the scum Y-wing (with a bit more crimson.)

QBAnRM.jpg

fJo2Ki.jpg

k4O3eu.jpg

4FwmY3.jpg

NvT2fE.jpg

lBPigc.jpg

Red is so nice on the U

FsKIr7P.jpg

Z7RDtOH.jpg

Can't believe there aren't more repaints of this ship posted here! Here is mine:

w5BLoa1.jpg

PWu5H8G.jpg

Blue Squadron U-Wing - From the Battle on Scariff in Star Wars: Rogue One and Star Wars: Battlefront

BfgVHQZ.jpg Miuz81g.jpg

I'd love to paint like 15 or more, but I can't justify having more than two in my collection. It's an awesome model, but play-wise it's outclassed by other ships like the Auzituk.

I'd love to see this ship and the Lambda get some kind of buff. Maybe in the form of new pilots (some EPTs alone would go a long way!).

I may eventually break down and buy a third in order to mod it to look like Hera's U-wing:

http://gph.is/2nppNU6

Or just paint one up like Saw's

403-404-bts-gallery-12_8ecef2c4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1368%2C1000

Edited by Force Majeure

The U-Wing may be my favorite ship to paint

E1mg7sO.jpg uI9f6xx.jpg

KaeHQDV.jpg N099lRv.jpg

HSz8iQE.jpg fBTYfkh.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Force Majeure said:

Or just paint one up like Saw's

WIP, I've got Saw Gerrera's U-Wing in my paint box right now. So far I have given up on prying it apart to squeeze LEDs in it, primed it grey, and base coated it white. Tonight I begin the black razzle-dazzle stripes...will (of course) post pics when done.

I do wish they were more viable in competitive formats, they can fill certain niches well - but end up being soft and squishy. Then again they are troop landers, not starfighters...

--

Edit (2/13/18) : Due to the " Save the Dream " article I will now be repainting a Grey, Green, or Red squadron U-Wing instead of Saw Gerrera's... (I won't due Gold because yellow...)

Edited by ZealuxMyr

And soon we'll all have a new U-Wing to repaint! Maybe I'll do a rogue squadron one.

And here's mine before official version will be released ;)

JcqF5Ai.png

6DckJxV.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 5:19 PM, DeathstarII said:

Red is so nice on the U

FsKIr7P.jpg

Z7RDtOH.jpg

Oh god, Oh god, we ran over a bunch of people, there is blood all over the front of the wings!

CALM DOWN! JUST USE THE BLOOD AND PAINT OVER THE BLUE! Noone Will notice!

Karthakk Pirate themed U-Wing

TQO0O3W.jpg XGmsYoJ.jpg 1rpLUm7.jpg

Love that red!

I have done a little touch-up work on my U wing. I decided to stay with the original design and simply touch up the paint to remove the weathering and make it seem a little more new. I did some work on the window and engine glow. I think maybe I went too subtle though I need to just finish off with some ink on the front blue panel.

VGfvXNe.jpg?1

L0ZMd2K.jpg?1

6ix0eVm.jpg

My contribution :) The Jurassic Park U-Wing :) (it's not great, but could be source of inspiration)
Find the rest of my repaints here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/281697-wanoumars-repaints/

YZlXKIk.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

WanouMars

Please disregard the one broken cannon, currently working on a replacement/substitute as soon as I find appropriate greeblies.

8yFW0u8.jpg

You'd think that some independent thinker with some business sense would have kickstarted a replacement cannon business of some kind on etsy, ebay or similar.

If you know of one dear reader, lets us know!

Edited by Force Majeure
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Force Majeure said:

You'd think that some independent thinker with some business sense would have kickstarted a replacement cannon business of some kind on etsy, ebay or similar.

If you know of one dear reader, lets us know!

Alien Luxury Miniatures has a lot of replacement cannons on Shapeways. I don't think there are any for the U-Wing sadly...

My boy Cassian's ride:

qMHxzEy.jpg
73Rws2w.jpg
gkfpOAQ.jpg

YO Taxi!! I need a lift.

WOW - Impressive yellow-work!!