Showcase: Gozanti-class Cruiser

By Bullox, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Edit - Added stock photo

gozanti_600px.gif

Stock paint with my Imperial Blue accent color scheme.

dY6wQmJ.jpg

3938zTK.jpg

Edited by Bullox
Spelling.

LED Engine Modification

JltYxFw.jpg

jK1fMBu.jpg

zCnO1DU.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS : Gozanti/FO

Currently working on model detailing, FO sigils for the red tailings on the hull, scratch building 1:270 bridge to be backlit by LED fiber optics, and installing the LED engines.

mtiE4AR.jpg

tMwMoFO.jpg

lhGaj4Y.jpg

1 hour ago, ZealuxMyr said:

LED Engine Modification

JltYxFw.jpg

jK1fMBu.jpg

zCnO1DU.jpg

Currently working on model detailing, FO sigils for the red tailings on the hull, scratch building 1:270 bridge to be backlit by LED fiber optics, and installing the LED engines.

mtiE4AR.jpg

tMwMoFO.jpg

lhGaj4Y.jpg

*Jaw drops in awe* Nice job! love that FO Gozanti! Wow... If I had a quarter of your skills...

4 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

*Jaw drops in awe* Nice job! love that FO Gozanti! Wow... If I had a quarter of your skills...

Thank you :)

The paint scheme and straightness of the lines is thanks to the roll of Tamiya brand tape you see lying next to the model and a Badger airbrush.

The electrical...well, let's just say I don't show my wiring because I am not very gifted with the soldering gun...but hey, it works! :P

Black of the ship: I base coated in Tamiya Black X-1, a gloss black, and then dry brushed Citadel Abaddon Black (matte) over it. This has become my favorite way to provide depth and perspective to ships that are black in color, otherwise you really loose the model's detail.

uxflCfg.jpg

Those panels were so bare... they needed some color!

On 03/02/2018 at 7:22 AM, Celestial Lizards said:

Those panels were so bare... they needed some color!

Looks like Kath Scarlett stole them, but ran out of white paint. :D

10 hours ago, ABXY said:

Looks like Kath Scarlett stole them, but ran out of white paint. :D

Too many people wanted firespray repaints! :D

First time trying to use masking tape and spray paints. It looks good enough for me to be happy with it so I re-christened her the "Valkyrie"

gozanti.jpg

gozanti2.jpg

I finished an LED mod today. Quite happy with how it came out. Pretty similar to what others have done, except perhaps that I used a Qi receiver to charge the little LiPo so I didn't need a charge port or to open it up. I don't think I'll do that for the next project, since I'll probably do a Raider, and will have more space and also want the ports accessible.

Result pic: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKWyGwx6HmMjYkWmmrN5Y5w1pCNbQ

Album w/ in progress pics: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AmKWyGwx6HmMjYkQ-g9qKgn_9sYnJg

Sorry for not embedding, the forum won't take my OneDrive shared images.

That X-wing better run!

20190527_122738.jpg?psid=1&width=1391&height=870

Thanks! Did you somehow link to my file or re-upload?

Nah, I went to the link then right-clicked & "copy image" then pasted it into my post.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:40 PM, ZealuxMyr said:

LED Engine Modification

JltYxFw.jpg

jK1fMBu.jpg

zCnO1DU.jpg

mtiE4AR.jpg

tMwMoFO.jpg

lhGaj4Y.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be around the Central Illinois area would you..? I saw a gozanti with JUST that shade of lights the other day at a tourney.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:25 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

You wouldn't happen to be around the Central Illinois area would you..? I saw a gozanti with JUST that shade of lights the other day at a tourney.

Nope - but I'm not surprised you saw the same shade of light, they're nothing special: just standard 470nm blue LEDs.

First Order Gozanti in prep for upcoming conversion expansion

20190807_180820.jpg

On 8/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, tmetal said:

First time trying to use masking tape and spray paints. It looks good enough for me to be happy with it so I re-christened her the "Valkyrie"

gozanti.jpg

gozanti2.jpg

That's some nice work.

anyone know if the Gozanit can dock vessels other than TIE variants? either in canon or on the model (without too much work to it.)

51 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

anyone know if the Gozanit can dock vessels other than TIE variants? either in canon or on the model (without too much work to it.)

On Rebels it deploys imperial walkers too.

15 minutes ago, Minaith said:

On Rebels it deploys imperial walkers too.

but nothing about say...U-Wings?

7 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

but nothing about say...U-Wings?

u mad bro

2 minutes ago, Minaith said:

u mad bro

not sure why you'd say that in response to a question.

2 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

not sure why you'd say that in response to a question.

Maybe I'm missing something since English is not my mother tongue. A Gozanti carrying U-Wings? I haven't seen that. Whatever. A Gozanti can pick two AT-ATs, so technically can pick easily at least two U-Wings.

Just now, Minaith said:

Maybe I'm missing something since English is not my mother tongue. A Gozanti carrying U-Wings? I haven't seen that. Whatever. A Gozanti can pick two AT-ATs, so technically can pick easily at least two U-Wings.

i have not been deep into the star wars lore for some time now, and for the backstory of my fleet i'm just inquiring if the gozanti has ever been depicted carrying any other class of starfighter/bomber/transport in cartoons/comics/books/etc.

i imagine that yes if it can carry an AT-AT it could be retrofitted to carry U-Wings.

2 minutes ago, JohnPJones said:

i have not been deep into the star wars lore for some time now, and for the backstory of my fleet i'm just inquiring if the gozanti has ever been depicted carrying any other class of starfighter/bomber/transport in cartoons/comics/books/etc.

i imagine that yes if it can carry an AT-AT it could be retrofitted to carry U-Wings.

Anyway, the deal is to carry things with no hyperdrive engines or speed enough. U-Wings are themselves a transport, full equiped. Are you making a Rebel Gozanti?