Victory points question

By Oldster, in War of the Ring

If Shadow player captures Minas Tirith he gains two Victory Points. I gues that from this moment Minas Tirith is a Shadow Stronghold. But what will happen if Free Peoples player recapture it? Will he gain two Victory Points because he just captured the Shadow Stronghold??

Another question. If Minas Tirith is recaptured by Free People player will the Shadow Player lose the Victory Points?

Oldster said:

If Shadow player captures Minas Tirith he gains two Victory Points. I gues that from this moment Minas Tirith is a Shadow Stronghold. But what will happen if Free Peoples player recapture it? Will he gain two Victory Points because he just captured the Shadow Stronghold??

It doesn't become Shadow Stronghold, you can't muster Shadow troops there. If the FP recaptures Minas Tirith, SP just loses 2 VP, FP doesn't gain any.

A "Shadow Stronghold" is a Stronghold that was controlled by the Shadow at the beginning of the game, and a "Free Peoples Stronghold" is a Stronghold that was controlled by the Free Peoples at the beginning of the game. If Minas Tirith is captured by the Shadow, it's still a Free Peoples Stronghold, it's just controlled by the Shadow. This is an important distinction when it comes to applying certain rules. As Dam said, only the Shadow's Victory Point total is affected if Minas Tirith changes hands.

I think there is no need for another rule topic so I will ask here. The text on the "We Come To Kill" combat card says: "After removing casualties, roll an additional attack using only the Shadow Elite units. This attack scores hits with result of 5 or higher." Does it work in battles against the strongholds (when normally only 6 is a hit)?

By the way, thanks for your previous answers.

Yes. Any time a Combat Card specifies a number required to hit, it overrides any modifiers in effect for that battle.

Ok, another questions (Durin's Bane):

1. Can the Battle Effect "Durin's Bane" be used if a FP army is being attacked in Moria?

2.The card texr says "Play only if the defending Army is within two Regions of Moria." On the map Moria has only one region. We had many quarrels about this card (our english is not perfect). Could someone explain "Durin's Bane" in details?

"Within two Regions of Moria" simply means "in Moria or up to two Regions away from Moria". So, if the defending Army (either Shadow or Free Peoples) is in Moria or one or two Regions away from Moria, the card can be used.

So it means that Balrog can help Shadow armies siege Lorien, right?

Yes, that's correct.