Showcase: Kihraxz

By Force Majeure, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

I've always had a thing for the D-Day invasion stripes:

Xzivvou.jpg

You should give Tamiya tape a go. It's like magic.

Okay, so I may have a few Kihraxz fighters.... The first are 3D printed fins on a FFG ship, the rest are fully 3S printed

ejwA90o.jpg

h1OPn2I.jpg VVnovii.jpg

b5uD0ED.jpg aMLTXgC.jpg

jDFL4rm.jpg dZkfIEI.jpg

44 minutes ago, LightCraftMiniatureStudios said:

Okay, so I may have a few Kihraxz fighters.... The first are 3D printed fins on a FFG ship, the rest are fully 3S printed

ejwA90o.jpg

h1OPn2I.jpg VVnovii.jpg

b5uD0ED.jpg aMLTXgC.jpg

jDFL4rm.jpg dZkfIEI.jpg

For the fins attached to a real ship, what glue did you use?

After far too much time spent trying, I have concluded the Citadel's plastic glue is worthless.

1 hour ago, Yakostovian said:

For the fins attached to a real ship, what glue did you use?

After far too much time spent trying, I have concluded the Citadel's plastic glue is worthless.

I use a medium viscosity modeling superglue like you can find at a hobby store :)

Definitely going to have to buy me a Vaksai model (and have someone paint it) one of these days...

Scrapyard Scum Kihraxz, probably my favorite XWMG ship model. 8PG310M.jpg

Another ship adopted my Scum livery this week....

Did try to tear off the engines and tuck them in a bit more but they are on there tight! And now it's done with, so meh.

Actually very impressed with the detail on this model. The intricacy surprised me, I didn't even register it at all until it went under the brush.

DYBtBnW.jpg

Yo644BG.jpg

ZKo7mNv.jpg

Really need to work on my lighting. But dammit Jim, I'm a painter, not a photographer!

Beautiful as always @Cuz05

20190627_231044.jpg

My attempt at Jostero. Thanks to all who post here that inspired me to give it a go

16 minutes ago, howard83 said:

20190627_231044.jpg

My attempt at Jostero. Thanks to all who post here that inspired me to give it a go

Wow that is beautiful, I love the added wings!

I'm looking at these and thinking that that they would not look out of place in the WipEout anti-gravity racing series of games.

Cool :)

The long summer is finally at an end. IMG_20190714_093350.jpg

IMG_20181006_093743_2.jpg IMG_20190714_093338.jpg IMG_20190714_093409.jpg

I painted the white one 8 or so months before the other two, and I think you can actually see subtle improvements!

They look pretty good flying in a loose formation down the field. If my camera ever starts working again I will get some action shots.

Edited by Whalers on the moon
3 hours ago, Whalers on the moon said:

The long summer is finally at an end.

They look pretty good flying in a loose formation down the field. If my camera ever starts working again I will get some action shots.

Smash through to victory!!! Our honor defend!!!

Vaksai, no Engine Upgrade.

RsqsNiC.jpg

afhUpMH.jpg

fRmOZUA.jpg

Zann Consortium inspired Kihraxz:

E3V1JWW.jpg

Graz "The Hunter" with a SU-27 inspired camo:

S40enG9.jpg

Crimson Dawn scheme inspired by the First Light:

nZz3deJ.jpg

Cpt Jostero

R0pUhq6.jpg