Moving Caravans

By CptGreenwood2, in Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn

Rule question: When moving a caravan: Does the move out of the city count as one of the available moves? The manual says "can move out of its player’s capital city or mature cities as though it was already in that city’s space". If I understand this correctly, the move out of the city is number 1. The blue box on page 9 says, that the first step is to place the caravan in an adjecent space to the city and THEN begin to move (and to count?).

Which way is the correct one?

This one: "as though it was already in that city’s space"

When you place a caravan on adjacent space, it counts as move 1. Then next space is 2, then 3 etc.

If a Barbarian token is camping in my capital city...can i still move the caravan out ?

On 31/12/2017 at 10:46 AM, christizzz said:

If a Barbarian token is camping in my capital city...can i still move the caravan out ?

Ooh, that’s a good question! I would assume not, since you need to act as though the caravan was already in the city, and it couldn’t be if there was a barbarian in it, until you’ve upgraded your economy card anyway.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, mazz0 said:

Ooh, that’s a good question! I would assume not, since you need to act as though the caravan was already in the city, and it couldn’t be if there was a barbarian in it, until you’ve upgraded your economy card anyway.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:46 PM, christizzz said:

This is an impossible situation - Barbarian token can not be in your Capital city, since even when they attack it, you only lose up to 2 trade tokens, then Barbarian step back to original hex.