rowdyoctopus is painting things...

By rowdyoctopus, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Finally finished a tray of Reanimates. I've had the game since the giveaways at Adepticon. Lol.

uZeXFz6.jpg

xOUgZ5X.jpg

L5aw6Z3.jpg

The one on the far right below was a color test I did 6 months ago. I decided to go with a darker blue. I also attempted the dip method with that first mini and didn't like the result.

BdmGjTg.jpg

nZkfpkr.jpg

wYexR8k.jpg

Edited by rowdyoctopus

Better late than never, keep it up.

Images are now embedded in the post for ease of viewing!

More Reanimates done this weekend! 11 down, 21 to go (until I start playing Maro, most likely, lol).

GnWRYIz.jpg

IH7XnBY.jpg

qRz1Pg4.jpg

Edited by rowdyoctopus

Made some more progress today. Hoping to finish these guys tonight, but time for some family activities.

goPnvnX.jpg

eMn0BSH.jpg

Got those 7 finished today! 18 down, 14 to go. I'd like to say I'm getting faster, but I'm not really sure. Lol!

1BELvH2.jpg

f15dnYw.jpg

TPIhRwG.jpg

aEzNXxB.jpg

as i said be very carefull with that primer. remember to spray it from some distance away and in short bursts. also pay attention to details and do any necesary cleanup before wash(basicly just take each mini before you apply wash and look at it from all sides). ;)

I'm pretty sure he primed them all at the same time, so even though you gave that suggestion, @Warlordus , he's probably had no time to implement it...unless he wanted to strip it off and do it all over again. My first batch was grainy, but now that they're all painted, they look fine. Photos tend to make the problem look worse than it actually is.

Keep up the good work, rowdyoctopus!

5 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I'm pretty sure he primed them all at the same time, so even though you gave that suggestion, @Warlordus , he's probably had no time to implement it...unless he wanted to strip it off and do it all over again. My first batch was grainy, but now that they're all painted, they look fine. Photos tend to make the problem look worse than it actually is.

Keep up the good work, rowdyoctopus!

Yeah, I primed 32 Reanimates back in June and never got around to painting them. I'm learning a lot. I'm going to do archers next. Hopefully my priming goes better.

This last batch of Reanimates also has the poor fellow that basically got a point blank, heavy spray of primer. It's so thick, even the front loin cloth mushed in with the chainmail skirt. Plus his cape is really mushy by his left shoulder, blending right in with the armor. He's front and center with these pics ?

18 hours ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Yeah, I primed 32 Reanimates back in June and never got around to painting them. I'm learning a lot. I'm going to do archers next. Hopefully my priming goes better.

This last batch of Reanimates also has the poor fellow that basically got a point blank, heavy spray of primer. It's so thick, even the front loin cloth mushed in with the chainmail skirt. Plus his cape is really mushy by his left shoulder, blending right in with the armor. He's front and center with these pics ?

We've all dealt with grainy primer beast. It is a right of passage.

22 hours ago, Darthain said:

We've all dealt with grainy primer beast. It is a right of passage.

yea verily.

:)

7 hours ago, Adun42 said:

yea verily.

:)

I thought I was the only person who said that! Very cool.