Reanimates upgrades

By coldsteel, in Runewars Rules Questions

With most other infantry units having a linear progression in upgrades, is it a typo that the fourth slot has 5 upgrades instead of 4?

I don't think so. I can't imagine ever having enough trays of reanimates to run a 4x3 block, and if I did, I would have to also have units for reanimating with Maro so... that's just too much. I think it was to give the option, but not expect it in order for the Waiqar faction to use all available upgrade slots.

On 12/11/2017 at 0:27 PM, backupsidekick said:

I don't think so. I can't imagine ever having enough trays of reanimates to run a 4x3 block, and if I did, I would have to also have units for reanimating with Maro so... that's just too much. I think it was to give the option, but not expect it in order for the Waiqar faction to use all available upgrade slots.

36 trays is the max reanimates you can field in a 200 point game, with 2 4x3s with siege units, and a 3x2 maro to fill them in. Oh wait, forgot the 8 extra trays added by maro, so 44.... I'm halfway there...sigh.

The siege upgrade shows up on size 4 so you can get it on 3 with Ardus. Otherwise reanimates have a hard time keeping up with the other factions.

2 times 4 by 3 minus one is 22 trays, not 36, so total with extra rank is 36 all in

But you can go crazy and drop the carrion lancers, and then add a 2 by 1 with the remaining points to get to 12+12+6+2 base plus 4+4+6 extras so 46. And that is beyond lunatic if you ask me

Oh ya I added the full 4x4 in my initial calculation. So I need 14-16 more trays lol