Syndicate and Cthulhu in Dreamlands

By Barl, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I have one core set and a playset of all the Dreamlands card realeased up to Sleep of the Dead and I cant get Cthulhu and Syndicate to work properly. I have build a mono faction deck from each of the seven factions and I just seem to get neither Syndicate or Cthulhu to work.

Am I missing some great Cthulhu combo, should the faction be combined with another faction or is Cthulhu just plain weak in Dreamlands?

In the dreamland asylum packs, the dreamland fanatic is just the only one usable for Cthuhlu. Maybe In an unmarked grave, but it could do more damage to you than your opponent.

Terror from the tide, nocturnal scavenger, called by azatoth, are good cards, but they aren't in the dreamland pack. Furthermore, Chtulhu lacks good 3 cost or less caracters. The cthulhu mono faction deck is not a good idea if you want my opinion. Well, all mono faction decks are very weak.

But the syndicate, and dreamlands syndicate is the worst in mono faction. Panic can't save you all the time and the mecanisms developped in the dreamlands packs aren't synchronised with the syndicate mechanisms of the core set. Worst of all, the dreamlands syndicate mechanisms are useless. the opponent draws cards all the time thanks to you and?

Nothing.

B_P said:

Well, all mono faction decks are very weak.

I don't really agrre, as Agency + Shubb +Hastur may have their way to victory by themselves.

Oh the 7 mono decks I made those three are clearly the best, the other have to pull some desperate stunts to pull of a win