App needs an UNDO button

By comawhite, in Legends of the Alliance

title says it all

I just played the tutorial ... I totally agree :)

I wouldn't hold my breath for one as I’m positive Road to Legend is also lacking an undo button.

I’ve played the tutorial and first mission numerous times now without any issue. What problem areas would greatly benefit from the addition of an undo button?

Solution for that : Do not play until 3am!! Doing so drastically increases the risk of clicking "yes" when you shouldn't have! Fortunately I could exit the mission and load it back since it was the start of a new round. But seriously, such an option would have been great.

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

Agreed. I’d have thought this would be a no-brainer to add in, but hopefully this thread will make them take notice.

Very frustrating to see the game state ruined by pressing the wrong button and defeating the wrong enemy in the heat of battle.

Great post, I was hoping I wasn't the only messer -upper at times.

I vote for an undo button as well.

In my first real campaign mission I accidentally killed of Vinto instead of wounding Drokkatta.

And if Road to Legend doesn‘t have an undo button, implement it there as well.

Just accidentally killed off the elite stormtroopers instead of the grunts. Not hard to play it out making this mistake, but I wonder if a challenge algorithm would be affected. "Undo" would be welcome.

Just saw this on BGG. haven't tried it.

1 hour ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

eh, this is interesting, and very kind of him to share with the community, but I would have to switch from using the iPad to a big screen and Steam. I would lose all my current campaigns as well. Also, he says himself it is probably buggy. No thanks. Definitely need an UNDO function native to the app. Honestly, this should have been included at LAUNCH. It's a basic feature of most apps, especially RECORD KEEPING apps, which is what this basically is.

Can I get an Undo button in the Skirmish version as well?

3 hours ago, TheEldarGuy said:

Can I get an Undo button in the Skirmish version as well?

Vassal IA mod? Vassal has a Back button.

The app totally needs an undo... I accidentally ended a players turn before logging a unit damaged. This is going to happen an fair amount.

5 hours ago, bryanc said:

The app totally needs an undo... I accidentally ended a players turn before logging a unit damaged. This is going to happen an fair amount.

That's the easy thing to fix. Defeat the group without resolving its activation, then activate one of the imperial groups by hand. (I think you can do that. Yeah, click on a group, and the Info button, then choose Activate Group.)

Edited by a1bert
17 hours ago, a1bert said:

Vassal IA mod? Vassal has a Back button.

Laugh...I meant in the ACTUAL Skirmish game. With the minis and dice... That's where I need an Undo button.

I can't quite find it now, but I believe FFG responded to this question when it came up with the Road to Legends app.

It's apparently not as easy as it seems. Regardless, though I rarely make mistakes, if I do, it's usually easily fixed. For example, you can call up enemy info at any time, so if I missed an activation, I would do that and activate the group per normal.

On 12/13/2017 at 0:54 PM, The Cocky Rooster said:

I haven't used it for IA or Descent yet but it works beautifully for MoM so i assume it works fine for those too as all 3 are coded very similarly. Definitely worth checking out.

Edited by PickleTheHutt

The app needs an 'are you sure?' button for attribute tests. I accidentally hit confirm with 0 when my team had rolled 8 total on an encounter... :/

An undo button would be awesome in the Mansions of Madness app too.

14 hours ago, lee.frank.94 said:

An undo button would be awesome in the Mansions of Madness app too.

See the above link. It is a fan-made undo application that works for Mansions of Madness, Descent, and Imperial Assault.

On 19.12.2017 at 2:49 PM, PickleTheHutt said:

See the above link. It is a fan-made undo application that works for Mansions of Madness, Descent, and Imperial Assault.

Doesn‘t work on my iPad.

8 hours ago, Nurgle23 said:

Doesn‘t work on my iPad.

No, it's Steam only. Any cheap laptop will run it and with an hdmi cable you can put it on a big screen. I love playing MoM, Descent, and IA with all players able to see everything.

On 21.12.2017 at 4:43 AM, PickleTheHutt said:

No, it's Steam only. Any cheap laptop will run it and with an hdmi cable you can put it on a big screen. I love playing MoM, Descent, and IA with all players able to see everything.

I mostly play alone so I most likely won‘t using the steam version.

But I think it‘s great someone put the effort in it. Still an easy button wouldn‘t be so hard to implement.