When can we buy this game ?

By fatmax66, in Battles of Westeros

Sorry for my language, I'm french and don't speak english every day........

I can't find a date. When will this game be sell ?

looks like a late springor early summer release, probably will see it in May- July.

Thanks, I've time to finish my memoir44 campaign. gran_risa.gif

I hope it 'll be so good than it looks.

facepalm said:

looks like a late springor early summer release, probably will see it in May- July.

Wait and read "Song of Ice and Fire!"

gui%C3%B1o.gif

BR

facepalm said:

Sure?

Should be a Winter 2009/2010 game so I think it will be realesed next month.

Jason Strange said:

Sure?

Following pomakli: so it's even less time to read all te books. Hurry up, folks!

it is that they were announced in winter, if you look on the upcoming page i think it says spring.

Going off topic but how many books are in the series?

facepalm said:

it is that they were announced in winter, if you look on the upcoming page i think it says spring.

Going off topic but how many books are in the series?

Depends upon your point of view. :) I'd say four, but some might count The Hedge Knight prequels.

we are all waiting anxiously for the fifth one. it is just about to be released... for the last two years, that is.

oh... poor Martin...

cant wait that long, must have, must have, aaaah... happy.gif

Jason Strange said:

facepalm said:

Sure?

winter is coming....

no idea about the game release though. cool.gif

Directly from the most recent preview -

" Battles of Westeros, the game of battlefield tactics set in George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series, will hit tabletops this spring . "

Pedro Lunaris said:

we are all waiting anxiously for the fifth one. it is just about to be released... for the last two years, that is.

oh... poor Martin...

At the rate Martin is writing, Robert Jordan will finish Wheel of time first, and he has passed. Last Song of Ice and Fire book came out in 2004, 6 years ago. Thats way too long and you lose fans that way. Maybe if the HBO series takes off, that will put a fire under his butt to finish it quicker.

End of hijack.

*ot on*

Mene mene tekel u-parsin.

He should finish the last two (three?) books with top priority. I know this must sound hard and maybe unfair to such a genius and writing this stuff is everything but easy ... but here in Germany we have the aphorism of not "dancing on too many weddings at once". This may fit.

*ot off*

I dont mean to beat a dead horse...

I assume that FFG will indicate on its front page as to when this game will be available for sale, correct?

pomakli said:

facepalm said:

Wait and read "Song of Ice and Fire!"

gui%C3%B1o.gif

BR

Hi old friend

will you be back in Munich again?

I can get a game of Memoir 44, Battlelore, or Command and colores going.

and I will buy this new battlelore game too

Cheers

Mike

Ken on Cape said:

Maybe if the HBO series takes off, that will put a fire under his butt to finish it quicker.

They are going to make a televisionshow of Song of Ice and Fire? That would be awesome. I always thought they should do that.

Pedro777 said:

Ken on Cape said:

Maybe if the HBO series takes off, that will put a fire under his butt to finish it quicker.

They are going to make a televisionshow of Song of Ice and Fire? That would be awesome. I always thought they should do that.

Yeah, each season of the TV show will equal one book. If you search, you shouldn't have trouble seeing who has been cast.

I have found some trailerstuff. It looks awesome. I'm going to read his books again.

I am going to put my $$ on GenCon (early August). They love to release stuff then, when they can get a ton of buzz off something (see last year: Warhammer LCG, which sold out and was arguably the most popular new game released). Plus, FFG sometimes has a hard time getting Game of Thrones products finished when they say they will :)

rings said:

I am going to put my $$ on GenCon (early August). They love to release stuff then, when they can get a ton of buzz off something (see last year: Warhammer LCG, which sold out and was arguably the most popular new game released). Plus, FFG sometimes has a hard time getting Game of Thrones products finished when they say they will :)

Like poor old Martin, that seems to be a staple problem with the setting - getting anything finished on time!

Like most people who are fans of Martins books, and gamers, I can't wait to see this game come out. It is frustrating to keep turning to the Support section and seeing the same old message of wait and see. It would be lovely to see one of FFGs excellant video trailers of game play. I am re-reading all the first 4 books again to reabsorb the atmosphere because it has been a long wait for the next book. Far too many unresolved issues but we mustn't push Martin too far. These novels were epic and must take a huge amount of effort. He must have a life outside 'Song of Ice and Fire'. Same with this game. No pressure on Martin or FFG, but my fingernails have little left to bite!

Just as a footnote, my agent sent me off for the part of Rodrik Cassell, but so far no reply. No doubt every actor in the world will be after parts in this. I hope they do as good a job as Jackson did with the equally impossible 'Lord of the Rings'. Cheers!

I own a gaming store, and the info I'm getting from FFG is it will release in June. No idea about foreign release dates, though.

THen we should be expecting the rules in the next 2-3 weeks. Yipeeeee!!! gran_risa.gif

the new preview looks promising if you ask me.