Errata I've found so far

By Parmenion87, in Fallout

Found two pieces of Errata so far In this game.

One is on Preston Garvey, (unless it's weirdly intentional) - it says he remains if the vault 109 and vault (sixty something - if have to go check to see what number but I know it was in the 60s) decks are not in play. The only two vaults in the game and only decks for them are vault 109 and vault 84.

The second is one of the quests for the Commonwealth scenario. Can't recall which again without going and finding it but it has flavour text that is obviously from the aliens questline and not the synth one which it is meant to be.

The only other thing I've found is with the Far Harbour questlinr. As far as I can tell the game gives no rule as to what to do when all the faction tokens of a type are on the board and more are meant to be placed and some quests rely on one being placed. On the same line on this scenario, if the quest is completed by the end of turn mechanic placing a fog toke who gets the xp? Since from what I could see there is no way for a player to place more fog.

I agree, there were a few issues with the vault thing with Preston Garvey (or whatever) but honestly just realize that if ANY vault, no matter what numbers, are in play it refers to that. Not that specific unknown vault number. Also!!! I think I know the intended purpose of the Far Harbor FOG XP issue!!! If this wasn't the original issue, I am sure anyone would likely back me up here... Here's what you do.... simple.... Declare allegiance by flipping an agenda card face up!!! Just like you would in other scenarios to avoid that specific factions "bad guys".. Makes sense right!? That's how I have been playing it. Works great. hope I helped

On 12/16/2017 at 11:17 PM, CazScarluk said:

Declare allegiance by flipping an agenda card face up!!! Just like you would in other scenarios to avoid that specific factions "bad guys".. Makes sense right!? That's how I have been playing it. Works great. hope I helped

I'm not a fan of this solution. First, most of the time fog appears via agenda deck, which means that anyone declared to Security just randomly gets 3xp for no effort. Second, one of the truly interesting things about the Far Harbor scenario is that allegiance can be hidden the entire game, which adds an interesting layer of intrigue (especially for the Ghoul or Super Mutant, who may want to take Rad damage for personal reasons.)

I see two options:

1. Play as written: When the agenda deck places a shield, advance Security and stage the next quest. No one gets 3 exp. Having played this scenario solo as a Freedom fighter, I can attest that you can run straight to Far Harbor while putting up condensers at every place fog could appear and make it before a new Shield is placed at all.

2. Play as intended (?): See Below

*spoiler*

There is an encounter that can put a shield on the board in this scenario. It is added at the beginning of the game, but unless someone in your game actively looks for it, it is unclear this is the case. So, it is very possible that someone actively places a shield during their turn and deserves the quest reward. The first occurrence of the "place a shield" quest reward appears to be a race: Can Freedom get to Far Harbor before Security gets deep enough into the encounter deck? However, the quest is worded poorly and triggers during the Enemy phase (as written.) Now, I am speculating, but if I infer the intention correctly, the Shield reward side of that quest would not trigger unless someone completed that encounter and placed a shield.

Edited by Iuchi Toshimo

Additional Errata: One of the 3+ Security Agenda cards activates Stars instead of Shields when every other Security Agenda card activates Shields and the only other Agenda cards that activate Stars are the Freedom ones.

Neither of the two companions from the Unique Asset Deck have the companion icon on the card.

Edited by Hedgehobbit
On 12/8/2017 at 8:22 AM, Parmenion87 said:

The only other thing I've found is with the Far Harbour questlinr. As far as I can tell the game gives no rule as to what to do when all the faction tokens of a type are on the board and more are meant to be placed and some quests rely on one being placed.

I'm not sure if this is the exact answer but the Component Limitations section of the RR says that there is no limit to the number of faction tokens and to "use a viable substitute".

I'm pretty certain that Preston Garvey isn't a misprint, but rather getting ready for an expansion.