First game impressions and a couple questions

By FatRathalos, in Fallout

So I didn't do the suggested campaign like the learn to play suggested, I'm a Fallout Vet is what I told myself. I did the Capital Wasteland mission(FO3), I wont go into spoilers. It plays pretty close the video games as far as mission progression. I played as a super mutant for the XP for every rad you take (both good an bad) As I progressed I ran into a couple of questions:

1) Can multiple enemy tokens occupy the same space?
2) Do enemies fight each other? like a bug and raider or your allegiance faction and you vs raiders
2) How to gain more influence?
3) How to change out the Shops inventory?
4) Junk Cards do I get a free item from the Store or just discard piles?
5) Do you start with more than 3 caps and special token? (like an Item or perk)
6) Can you go into the same ruins/city in different turns for do you have to leave then come back?
7) For multiplayer do quest stories stay public for everyone and everyone does the story on their own like I could be on Mission 2 and another on mission 1 even though I did mission 1?
8) Where do the power-armor symbol cards go?

I played for a couple of hours, ended up losing for not having enough influence and trapped more or less. I couldn't take any more rads or die, and every space near me was a Rad spot and beyond that was multiple gun enemies. So rather than die I ended up stopping there, it was 2 a.m.

Couple of House rules that made it more enjoyable for me. If you have Strength token you can carry 4 items in inventory and you can have 2 Items equipped in your hands like old school fallout 1/2 and tactics. So choose the weapon for the attack. I had a ripper and a pipe pistol and would choose to shoot if in an adjacent space or melee in the same space.

8 hours ago, FatRathalos said:

1) Can multiple enemy tokens occupy the same space?
2) Do enemies fight each other? like a bug and raider or your allegiance faction and you vs raiders
2) How to gain more influence?
3) How to change out the Shops inventory?
4) Junk Cards do I get a free item from the Store or just discard piles?
5) Do you start with more than 3 caps and special token? (like an Item or perk)
6) Can you go into the same ruins/city in different turns for do you have to leave then come back?
7) For multiplayer do quest stories stay public for everyone and everyone does the story on their own like I could be on Mission 2 and another on mission 1 even though I did mission 1?
8) Where do the power-armor symbol cards go?

1. Yes. It happens quite frequently

2. No

Other 2. You gain Influence from Agenda cards and you gain Agenda cards as the result of some encounters.

3. Any time someone shops, you draw a new card and place it on the left. If there are more than four cards out (such as when someone doesn't buy anything), you discard the card on the right side. Works like a conveyor belt.

4. Yes, either the shop or discard pile

5. You only start with an item if it's on the back of your character card. No starting Perks

6. Yes. The only restriction is that you can't do two encounter actions on the same turn.

7. Yes, all quests are public

8. That deck is set aside and only used when specific cards are given out as a reward for quest or encounter cards.

(1) yes

(2)(a) no

(2)(b) by gaining additional Agenda Cards from Quests/Encounters

(3) shop should always have four cards drawn from the asset deck (so replace cards you bought or discarded from the shop)

(4) either

(5) no

(6) can only interact with an encounter site once per turn (no need to leave and come back)

(7) they stay "public"

(8) unique asset cards are either equipped or in the character's inventory

I'd recommend going over the rules again more carefully when you next try playing, especially before adding any house rules.

Edited by Manchu

Thanks guys! I only had 3 Influence when playing solo and was doing quests fairly often but never got any additional Influence cards and ended up increasing Shield to max power and ending the game.

For question 7 let me reword it. If I complete mission one and it says Trash. Does the card goes into the discard pile and not able for other players to complete or is it still "public" to them?

More questions

Do you roll the dice once and take all hits to yourself then re-roll if you are allowed and take more hits if you roll another hit?

What if the creature is still alive does the attack end or do I roll again and rinse and repeat until one of us is dead?

Does the combat stay active until my next turn and that is when it continues? So I would flip a card an move blank enemies into combat if it were the case?

Keep in mind I play solo the majority of the time, conflicting schedules with friends.

2 hours ago, FatRathalos said:

If I complete mission one and it says Trash. Does the card goes into the discard pile and not able for other players to complete or is it still "public" to them?

Do you roll the dice once and take all hits to yourself then re-roll if you are allowed and take more hits if you roll another hit?

What if the creature is still alive does the attack end or do I roll again and rinse and repeat until one of us is dead?

Does the combat stay active until my next turn and that is when it continues? So I would flip a card an move blank enemies into combat if it were the case?

Keep in mind I play solo the majority of the time, conflicting schedules with friends.

-Trash it, it is discarded and no longer in play

-After all rerolls happen then you calculate hits and successes

-keep using the fight action if not then you got to wait

-if enemies adjacent they move in are aggressive they attack, if range and adjacent they attack, if in same space they attack.