Who is Doji Hotaru's husband?

By Manchu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Any speculation?

I hope they're still a fox!

35 minutes ago, llamaman88 said:

I hope they're still a fox!

And stain the Honor of the Kitsune? I certainly hope not.

I think all we really know is that he doesn't know how to deal with an obviously superior Minor Clan.

Now it would be fun for Hotaru's husband to be a Fox. Sending him to investigate Yoritomo's business could result in the Fox joining the Alliance. :D

I'm trying to think of anyone from early who hasn't shown up much - Doji Yosai?

IIRC it wasn't a Fox Clan lady it was an actual Kitsune spirit who lived as a Crane?

He's irrelevant as he's already dead at the hands of Yoritomo. But if he is still alive I bet he was also the unnamed Crane challenger for the Emerald Championship.

Is Hotaru married? I was under the impression that Kachiko was trying to convince Hotaru to be a sister-wife to her and Shoju.

Edited by Ishi Tonu
7 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Is Hotaru married? I was under the impression that Kachiko was trying to convince Hotaru to be a sister-wife to her and Shoju.

Her husband is mentioned as being sent as a sacrifice to Yoritomo and his Mantis pirates during the first story, and then promptly forgotten about. So yes I'd say he was shuffled off to open up the sister wives option.

10 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

You think Shoju's the Dragon Reborn? Who would the third one be?

Or is he just Bain?

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Or is he just Bain?

Altansarnai.......why else would he have secretly stopped her marriage to the Lion?

Edited by Ishi Tonu
3 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Or is he just Bain?

Many Aiel followed the tradition of the Sister-Wife so it could be any warrior not just the Dragon Reborn. Heck Perrin friend (I'm Blanking on his name right now) was terrified that the two Maidens of the Spear who followed Faile around for a while were going to drag him off somewhere and perform the ceremony against his will (which if memory served did end up happening in the end).

2 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Many Aiel followed the tradition of the Sister-Wife so it could be any warrior not just the Dragon Reborn. Heck Perrin friend (I'm Blanking on his name right now) was terrified that the two Maidens of the Spear who followed Faile around for a while were going to drag him off somewhere and perform the ceremony against his will (which if memory served did end up happening in the end).

That would be Bain, who was Perrin's friend :)

What's all this gaijin babble!

I hope Hoatru's husband won't remain some unnamed nobody. It's a good opportunity for a big reveal, especially if things get tense between Hotaru and Kachiko. Maybe he could be a prominent character in the next cycle?

Edited by Manchu

Just to be clear, Hotaru's husband wasn't "sacrificed" to Yoritomo. At the time of "Her Father's Daughter", he was off dealing with raids by Yoritomo/the Mantis on the Crane coast. Yoritomo obviously survived, since we've seen him in fictions since. We also haven't seen anything about him since, but it's premature to refer to him as "sacrificed"!

I assumed that was just typical doggerel from the scallywags.

2 hours ago, DGLaderoute said:

it's premature to refer to him as "sacrificed"!

Mantis propaganda being Mantis propaganda, you know.

For all we know, he was kidnapped and brought to Yoritomo for a heart to heart conversation, and he was so impressed he gave Yoritomo the jade that was presented to Taka.

4 hours ago, DGLaderoute said:

Just to be clear, Hotaru's husband wasn't "sacrificed" to Yoritomo. At the time of "Her Father's Daughter", he was off dealing with raids by Yoritomo/the Mantis on the Crane coast. Yoritomo obviously survived, since we've seen him in fictions since. We also haven't seen anything about him since, but it's premature to refer to him as "sacrificed"!

Stop ruining my fun with your logic. Yoritomo must be fed on the tears of a thousand Cranes so he can ascend to the heavens on the Thunder Dragon's back and show those stuffy Kami how a real man dominates the afterlife.

3 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

Stop ruining my fun with your logic. Yoritomo must be fed on the tears of a thousand Cranes so he can ascend to the heavens on the Thunder Dragon's back and show those stuffy Kami how a real man dominates the afterlife.

Anyone who can use ‘logic’ and ‘Yoritomo’ and ‘tears’ and ‘Cranes’ and ‘heavens’ and Thunder Dragon’ and ‘stuffy Kami’ and ‘afterlife’ in one sentence deserves an award of some type. ?

Schmoozies, you are now my number one guy to go to when I need Rokugani background reading. ;)

Would be cool if this was Doji Chomei ...

10 hours ago, Wintersong said:

Mantis propaganda being Mantis propaganda, you know.

It's the nature of the Mantis to possess an inflated sense of their own capabilities.

14 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

That would be Bain, who was Perrin's friend :)

If I remember right, Bain was one of the 2 Maidens of the Spear (with Chiad) that were Faile's friends. Perrin's friend should be Gaul.

Edited by KerenRhys
11 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

Ye Mantis players be overcompensating for something? ;) ;) :P For all we know, in this reboot Yoritomo kicks Fu Leng's kami *** and makes Jigoku his realm. Meanwhile, Daisetsu is Master Tora.

3 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

It's the nature of the Mantis to possess an inflated sense of their own capabilities.

True heirs of Yoritomo. :)

27 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

Ye Mantis players be overcompensating for something? ;) ;) :P For all we know, in this reboot Yoritomo kicks Fu Leng's kami *** and makes Jigoku his realm. Meanwhile, Daisetsu is Master Tora.

True heirs of Yoritomo. :)

Its not overcompensation when its true. In O5R when Yoritomo finally made it to the celestial court the others were so intimidated by his presences that they tried to change the rules so only those native to Heaven would have a place (read the Kami) and the the Thunder Dragon respected how cool Yoritomo was that she said "No way he can have my place I'll go chill with his peeps in Rokugan for a while." Heck last O5R Gencon prize was the haters hating on him since he was taking so much of the attention from their precious Kami that they threw everything they could at players to get him torn from the Heavens (and in true Mantis mercenary faction we took their money, did the job and waited for Da MAn to come back to Earth so he could get back to the kicking of much *** - and you can't convince me that wasn't what was going to happen in the end).