Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (IC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Leto responds “ A place to lay low sounds wise ” glancing at the others. He proceeds to lead the group underneath the purple holovid for pick up down the street again.

Edited by Vergence

"Lead the way." Jace said to Leto. "See you guys are still good at being sappy when it's needed."

Grinning, Leto says " Is somebody implying they want a welcome back hug? Great seeing you alive, man " as he pats him on the back.

Edited by Vergence

Wishing to be kind HU-1K pats Re’peek “gently” on the back. “Statement: This unit thanks you furry organism for betraying your honor, killing your dignity and acting like a crying baby, in order to save us. Request: Next Time please refrain from doing so so that I may break them.” The big green droid maintains his usually blunt manner with no sugarcoating and states what he sees.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION
spelling

Jex looked between the gathered individuals, sighing softly.

"Given we're no longer being shot at I imagine now's as good a time as any to make introductions. Well, except for Jace, it seems he has friends from all walks." He sighed."I'm Dr. Jex. What about the rest of you?" One could argue that without a doctorate he couldn't call himself a doctor, but Jex figured those people had never been framed and had their university records all but erased either. He may not have had his doctorate, but in his opinion he should have by now.

Edited by ExileofEnya

Re'peek stumbles a bit as he was heading to his speeder, as the droid smacked him on the back. "Oof." He says, not entirely sure all of his vertebrae were still in the same location they were a second ago. He isn't at all phased by the droids comments about his honor, something he always saw as being somewhat mercurial in the first place, and certainly took a backseat to a blaster bolt to the skull. He then stops as Jex takes the time to introduce himself. "Um..." Re'peek says, considering his wording. "...that's nice and all, but considering they are more than happy to gun people down in the street, and I have no idea how long before they come back, I'd say we should maybe save introductions until we are away from here?" He gestures at Leto, and then the others. "Clearly you guys have some kind of Six Degrees of Separation going on, and that's great, but I'd really rather delve into it back at my place, than next to a cooling corpse." He smiles a bit, but clearly anxious to be gone from here.

Leto responds to Re'peek " Yep " from behind already leading the group to the location. He begins to think " Where did Jace meet these guys ?".

After the group moves some distance towards the purple holovid, Leto says " Sorry, this is just a neighborhood best to keep moving. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance Jex, I'm Leto " maintaining his fast walking pace. Leto quickly glances to confirm the green giant carrying the durasteel isn't lost. " Good thing we going to Re'peek's place. Not sure how I'd explain this to Salc . Uhhh they're Doctors? " he thought briefly.

Edited by Vergence

Re'peek proceeds to leave the group without another word. He darts over to his waiting speeder, and hops on. The engine cycles up with an electric whine, and he guns the accelerator to head over to the nearby block to pick up his friend and his apparent friends.

He pulls up and looks around at them, expression one of expectation.

HU-1K grabs onto the back of Re’Peek’s speeder and sits down on his metal slab and is pulled along behind the speeder:

Relieved, Leto see's Re'peek pull up with his bike. He says " That's our ride gentlemen ". He confidently walks up to the bike and swings his leg around the seat behind the driver. " The bike model has a wider sidecar. With luck, perhaps two humanoids can create an agreeable arrangement? " he says never trying it before.

Leto jokingly begins to think " Don't we make a fierce swoop gang? " as everyone gets in.

Jex knew his options were limited. It was either go with Jace and Leto, or risk the Ganks coming back.

The choice wasn't a hard one.

Hopping into the side car, Jex nodded at the others as he sat down.

"Guess I'll be taking the sidecar with Jex here," Jace said.

Hopefully, the fit would be enough to give him a wide range of fire, if it ever came to that.

Re'peek allows everyone to get on that's getting on, more intent on leaving than anything else currently. He feels the speeder's anti-grav emitters begin to growl and complain as the weight piles on, and then the drag from the droid doesn't help either. He pats the side of the machine apologetically. "Sorry there girl, desperate times and all that." He tries for a cool, dramatic acceleration, but the speeder bike is only capable of a steady increase in speed, making unhappy noises the whole time.

He turns towards one of the passageways that lead to a less frequented section of this level. After a few minutes, Re'peek relaxes, feeling the distance between themselves and the Gank Murder Squad was sufficient. He then circles back a bit, and takes a different route. After several more minutes, he stops outside an old, run down building in a part of town that doesn't see much traffic. He pulls into a cargo container, which has a slideaway panel connecting to the side of the building. He closes the container behind them, and flips a switch, bringing up a small bit of illumination.

With a tired shove, he slides back the panel, and opens the hatch to the building. "Everybody in, I'd offer you refreshments but...well I don't have any." With that, he'd head into the structure.

Leto wasn’t aware Re’peek had a place of his own. Unsure of what to expect, he hops off the bike curiously as he heads into the structure.

The interior of the building was almost as dingy as the exterior, as with all buildings in the sector, it was in dire need of renovation, something that the overlords of the upper sectors had ignored for at least the past decade. I was actually one of the few homes left that hadn't been incorporated into a ramshackle collection of flats. The windows were dirty, the furniture threadbare and the cupboards empty. Business had been slow for Ree'peek it seems, although that could all change with his new and old friends appearances.

The furniture in the living room may be threadbare, but it was also occupied. There was a gaunt, pale man with a receding hairline hunched over a low standing table, tapping away furiously on a battered datapad. He'd jump as the gathering entered the building. The man would scratch at the stubble on his chin nervously as he offers a short smile to the Bothan.

This was Munch, at least that's what everyone called him. His real name was Nopax Bodsgin, and he had been a friend of Ree'Peek since childhood. For a short while he'd even run in the same circles as him before getting legitimate work at a metalwork factory. He'd resurfaced a month or so after the factory closed, and had managed to reconnect with his old friend. He now had a career gambling in pazaak, with varying degrees of success. More often than not he'd 'let himself in' to Ree'peek's place when he was kicked out of his own or was laying low.

'Oh hey Ree' he'd say, glancing rapidly between the others. 'You heard about that bar down the way? It's all over the network, the Ganks moved in on it finally' he'd say, holding up the datapad. Looking back down he;d shake his head. 'Hort was on about it at the game last week. The Hutt's were just waiting for an excuse to take on the Duros boys. I reckon they're looking for a new lot to take over, run the sector for them'.

Re'peek would wave to Munch as he came in, not surprised to see the human here. "Hey Munch, get caught counting cards again? Yeah we heard about it alright." He glances back at the others. "Everybody, this is Munch, Munch this is....everybody." he gestures in vague ways, suggesting people introduce themselves.

Munch would half raise his hand ton greeting before pulling the data pad close to his chest defensively. 'No' he'd say sulkily in response to the question. After a moment he would sigh. 'Yeah, but how was I to know the Duros we monitoring the game. It was only meant to be a small game, low stakes and easy takings'. He'd move out of his chair to shuffle towards Re'peek. He'd lean across to him, speaking in a hushed voice. 'So what's with this lot Ree? You don't normally bring pals home. You planning something?' As he talks his fingers would drum nervously against the back of the data pad.

Leto glances at Re'peek when Munch mentions the Ganks moving in on the bar tonight. Leto introduces himself " Nice to meet you Munch, I'm Leto. Sounds like Hort knows how the read the tides in the industrial sector. Any theories who is going to move-in on the Duros territory? ".

Jex glanced around at the interior of the place, eyes settling on a man that seemed like he had seen better days. The man looked like he was far older, but the eyes gave away that he wasn't entirely in his twilight years yet. His appearance was no doubt brought on by stress, paleness of skin possibly by living in the more run-down sectors of a city that often rarely saw sunlight. Receding hairline could be attributed to genes inherited from one or both parents, or could simply be the result of Androgenic Alopecia. Stress was another factor to consider in receding hairlines.

Given the mention of Counting Cards, all signs pointed to stress so far.

"Hello Mr. Munch, I'm Dr. Jex." Jex smiled politely, looking about Re'peeks abode. "We're simply here because the Cantina we were at was, as you said, raided by the Ganks. So we've decided to come here as it's much less likely to be attacked by Ganks." He glanced at Re'peek quizically, concern for their safety betrayed in his tone."...Right?"

Re'peek nods at Jex's comment. "Yes, which is why I wanted to leave immediately, and took a long route to get here. Nobody much comes around here anymore, which is why I took up residence. Security through anonymity and obscurity."

As Munch hears the newcomers mention their involvement in the shootout, his mouth would drop open in surprise. He'd rush across the room to a window. He'd use a finger to crack open a blind, peering through it nervously as if expecting an attack.

'You were there?' he'd gasp swiveling back to face Ree'peek. 'You know what those Ganks are like Ree, they'll kill anyone they cross!' He'd sight, moving back towards the centre of the room, running a hand across his balding scalp. 'If they figure out where you guys are they'll probably come after you just for the fun of it.

As he paces he'd look back up, turning to face the group once more. 'Hort says the Ganks are being used to clear out the Duros swoopers, but the Hutts have also got agents looking for their replacements. Most of the money is on the Nikto's coming back into power, but you know the Hutts. They love it when a new gang turns up out of the blue to take power'.

The Nikto's; as the locals would know, were the gang that had lost control to the Duros for the sector. They'd made most of their credits on spice production and smuggling, but had kept uprising order over the sector. No one knew who ran the gang. There were all sorts of rumours, including the most notable that the Nikto leader was a genuine jedi killer.

Finally Munch would slump down in his seat, chin resting in his hand. 'The Duros are bad, but this sector can't survive these endless wars. Something needs to change'.

Re'peek turns to look at Munch with a bit of an exasperated expression. "Yes, we saw them kill them in front of us, which is why we ran like hades and pointed them in another direction." He settles down on a bit of furniture, perched on his feet, his forearms resting on his knees. "As to the vacuum, well that's another issue, I've always had aspirations to do more and bigger heists, perhaps in the chaos we can take advantage and pull off some jobs."

If the Hutt’s love new gangs, what’s the deal with the Ganks clearing out the Duros?” he questions. Leto stretches and plops down across from from Munch on the furniture. Sitting comfortably he says “ Wonder what these Agents seek since the Niktos couldn’t handle the Duros and the last recruitment was counterproductive ... ”. Leto turns his head to nod in agreement with Re'peek " If the authority is busy, money is to be made ".

Edited by Vergence
Formatting again

Jace takes a look at the building. The main protection on this building seems to be its location; few would expect anyone hanging out around here. If this was going to be a base of operations, it would need some extensive work.

Nodding at Re'peek's friend, he takes a seat. It wasn't the best furniture around, but it sure as **** beat a dug-in foxhole.

Hearing Re'peek and Munch's conversation, Jace sighed. If the Ganks were that persistent, then he was in quite the shitstorm. Getting out is a practical impossibility.

With Re'peek, Leto, and Munch talking about their plans, Jace turns to Jex. "Well, never expected to be stuck here, of all places. It was supposed to be in and out. Got too used to honest people, **** it."

"Guessing you have some questions. I'll answer while they're busy."

'Not all of them'Munch would say as he hurries back towards to the window to peek through the blinds. 'Jaizon is already mobilizing the rest of his gang for something big'. He'd move back from the window to face Ree'peek. 'I don't know what he's planning, he could be getting ready for war, he could be pulling out. Them blue skinned fellows have all suddenly gone very quiet about their business'. With that he'd tap his data pad with a worried expression.

Jaizon was the elderly leader of the Duros within the sector. Unsurprisingly he wasn't at the Rusty Droid bar. Jaizon had made a reputation as quite a serious individual, he didn't drink or smoke, and had spent almost all his time developing his business.

At Leto's question, Munch would pause once more as he scratches at his chin. 'Lot of different conspiracies, but I bet one of Jaizon's enforcers did something to upset the Hutts. The only reason they took over was with their backing in the first place. Maybe they were shaving credits off what they sent up to the Promenade'. Suddenly he'd rush towards Leto, talking in a hushed voice. 'I even heard some people saying the Duros tried to expand into other territory without permission'.

He'd move gingerly back to his seat before slumping down in it. 'Their agents will be looking a group who can take command of the sector see. They backed the Duros so they wouldn't have to send their own men down hear. If a gang can prove they can run the place to the benefit of the Hutts, well, they'll probably get permission to take over'.