FAQ

By DarthDude, in Genesys

Question:

Just a question about the speed potion in Realms of Terrinoth. When it says you get another maneuver, is that a maneuver free? E.g. if my character uses a speed potion and assuming he's using an action on his turn, does that afford him strain free maneuvers with the option of spending 2 strain for the third? Or is that 1 free maneuver, and 2 strain for each extra maneuver, doing a total of 4 strain if the character uses all 3?

Answer:

Hi Noah! They get the second one free, but have to spend strain to do the third (like someone else would do for taking a second one). Then they get hit for 6 after 3 turns.

Great question and we’ll get it added to the FAQ.

Thanks for playing and hope this helps!

Tim Huckelbery

RPG Producer

New updated pdf available. Link is in the first post. Enjoy!

Question:
On page 61 of the EPG, it says to use the rules on page 197 of the CRB to make planetary scale weapons. However, the weapon creation rules don't encompass damage values of 1–3 nor does it have a price for strategic range. How should we address this? Thanks!

Answer:
The additional cost for damage 1-3 should be 0. Use the cost for extreme range for strategic range as well.

Edited by c__beck

New updated pdf available. Link is in the first post. Enjoy!

On page 229 of the Core rulebook under Gain the Advantage I think there's a discrepancy with the Speed Advantage Difficulty table (2-18).

It lists an Easy difficulty for vehicles traveling the same speed and a Hard difficulty if the initiating vehicle has a speed of 1 or more higher than the target vehicle. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Shouldn't a faster vehicle have an easier time gaining the advantage on a slower one while two moving the same speed would be average?

11 hours ago, rendrin said:

On page 229 of the Core rulebook under Gain the Advantage I think there's a discrepancy with the Speed Advantage Difficulty table (2-18).

It lists an Easy difficulty for vehicles traveling the same speed and a Hard difficulty if the initiating vehicle has a speed of 1 or more higher than the target vehicle. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Shouldn't a faster vehicle have an easier time gaining the advantage on a slower one while two moving the same speed would be average?

Good question. Please transmit this question to FFG via this link: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/

Please remember to post their answer in this thread.

On 11/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, rendrin said:

I received a reply.

------------------------

That is correct, it is a mistake that we will be addressing in an upcoming errata.

Hope this helps!

Sam Gregor-Stewart

RPG Manager

Fantasy Flight Games

This new FAQ pdf is missing Errata, which could be found in the 1.0 version of the file.

Also, I know I am being picky but the previous pdf file had a much better layout

On 12/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, Mestre dos Magos said:

This new FAQ pdf is missing Errata, which could be found in the 1.0 version of the file.

Also, I know I am being picky but the previous pdf file had a much better layout

This is not the "official" errata fom the Genesys product site. It is rather a compilation of answers from the Genesys devs to the questions diretly issued by players via the link I provided in post #1.

I'd love to work in the RPG industry but I am just a private person and so am not the one to publish any official errata to any published Genesys product published by FFG. 😉

The official Erata/FAQ used to be here under support : https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/genesys/

I don't know why the document was taken off.

Update: The expanded Errata/FAQ is back online. 😊

Edited by DarthDude

Here's another entry :)

Question:
Hey I'm playing a homebrew Genesys conversion of Stars Without Number, and I'm a really hard time with spaceships. How do I know how many guns to put on my spaceship? The amount of guns in the examples seem to have a large span. Any hints for creating various size and types of ships that have a chance in combat against each othet would be much appreciated :)

Answer:
Hello,

Honestly, your best bet is to keep in mind that the number of guns matters less than the number of people on the spaceship that can shoot the guns. Second, consider how much armor your spaceships typically have, and how much damage your guns deal. What you want is for the guns to typically deal damage, but for the spaceships to survive for at least a few rounds of combat (assuming the guns hit 60-75% of the time). That should give you a good idea as to how many guns, how strong those guns need to be, and how much hull integrity your ships should have.

Then, make sure you test out your creations with some space battles. You may find your numbers are off, and in that case, tweak those stats accordingly!

Hope this helps!
Sam Gregor-Stewart
RPG Manager