Vehicles in Genesys - a player resource

By Endersai, in Genesys

So controversially, I um... well, I love Genesys. So far massively impressed with everything I've seen.

On page 231 there are three sample vehicles - a three-masted frigate; a four door sedan, and an air superiority fighter. The idea being that these would be enough of a baseline for you to extrapolate other vehicle stats.

Taking the car as an example, they suggest upping or lowering the stats provides the basis for other types such as sports cars, SUVs etc.

So, I'm going to do just that, and assume others will too so we have a firm resource for players to grab a vehicle by type.

Feedback is always welcome:

Sports Car

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 5 Handling: +2

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 4 SS 8

Control skill: Driving

Complement: 1

Passengers: 1

Consumables : None

Encumberance capacity : 8

Price/rarity: 50,000 - 100,000/5

Weapons: None

Examples: McLaren 650s; Porsche 911; Ferrari 488; Mercedes-Benz AMG GT; Audi R8; Chevrolet Corvette

Variants:

The Grand Tourer - drop handling to +1, Encumberance up to 10, and Passengers: 1 (3 uncomfortably). HT is 5. Examples include: Aston Martin DB11

Hypercar - Handling goes to +3, Encumberance drops to 5, and price/rarity goes to 350,000-500,000/7. System strain goes up to 10. Examples: Ferrari LaFerrari; McLaren 720s; Porsche 918; Bugatti Chiron

The sportscar represents the accessory no modern gentleman/lady spy should be without; and, what no self-respecting, cashed up villain could pass up as a status symbol. The speed 5 accounts for these cars having top speeds of around 300km/h, and acceleration from 0-100km/h in around 3-4 seconds. At that kinds of speeds the damage from collision would be severe, as per the earlier table in the book.

The higher system strain represents that with their on-board computer controlled traction control, racing brakes, racing suspension, and performance engines designed to produce high revs, they can be pushed further than your average sedan.

Muscle Car

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 5 Handling: -2

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 8 SS 5

Passengers: 4

Encumberance capacity : 20

Price/rarity: 3,000 - 20,000/3

Examples: Ford Mustang; Dodge Charger; Dodge Challenger; Chevrolet Camaro

The American staple of the 1960s and 70s, the muscle car took the concept of performance as understood in Europe at the time (speed, since they had very little downforce and thin tyres) and gave it mass market, blue collar appeal. The result was a chassic as gainly and manoeuverable as a refridgerator powered by a rocket engine.

Using only the most antiquated brakes and suspension mechanisms, the muscle car is all about going forward quickly (sometimes, applying more torque than the wheels can handle - sup, Dodge?) and has the higher hull threshold to reflect its robust construction. Best suited to police chases through San Francisco.

Four-wheel drive/sports utility vehicle

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 3 Handling: +0

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 6 SS 8

Passengers: 4 (6 uncomfortably)

Consumables : 1 week

Encumberance capacity : 40

Price/rarity: 15,000 - 25,000/3

Special: When driving through any difficult terrain such as bush, jungle, or desert, apply no negative handling modifiers.

Examples: Land Rover Defender , Range Rover, Toyota Landcruiser

Variants

Sports soft-roader - speed goes to 5, HT goes to 4, SS to 6, passengers to 4 only, consumables are none, encumberance to 30 and price/rarity to 50,000-70,000/4. Examples: Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Porsche Macan Turbo; BMW X5M. No special ability.

The SUV is a solid workhorse vehicle for any modern campaign as it's equipped to go offroad; it can carry a large quantity of people and goods internally and externally, and even can fit provisions for an extended period. Its top speed and average handling make it a poor choice for car chases, but its stronger than average hull and system strain reflect a sturdy build quality designed to be pushed a bit as you navigate steep inclines.

The soft-roader represents that curious phenomenon where people of means try to present themselves as weekend outdoor adventurers. The most offroading a Porsche Cayenne will do is usually the carpark at the local shops, or the driveway at the golf club, but that's ok. You're getting this for your group/players because they want to present an image of luxury and refinement, and because it can carry their drones, tactical gear, and a chilled bottle of Bollinger Grand Anee with ease.

The modern motorcycle

SIL: 1 Max Speed: 5 Handling: +1

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 2 SS 5

Passengers: 0

Encumberance capacity : 5

Price/rarity: 2,000-8,000 /3

Examples: Ducati 848 Evo; Triumph Speed Triple; Honda CBR

With no chassis canopy to protect you, the bike is a very vulnerable and exposed means of transport that nonetheless has given us exciting and iconic chases and imagery (the Bride in Kill Bill springs to mind). Affordable performance, too.

And of course...

Aston Martin DB5 (BMT 216A)

latest?cb=20130112152713

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 3 Handling: -1

Def 0 Armour 2 HT 10 SS 10

Passengers: 1 (3 uncomfortably)

Encumberance capacity : 15

Price/rarity: Not for sale/10

Weapons:

Twin forward mounted .30cal machine guns (fire arc forward; damage: 1; Critical: 5; Range: [Short]; auto-fire)

Tyre shredding blades (fire arc sides only; damage 1; critical 4; range [engaged]; Pierce 1)

Gadgets:

Oil slick emitter - add +2 setback dice to all handling checks for pursuing vehicles

Smoke screen emitter - add +2 setback dice to all driving checks for pursuing vehicles

Passenger ejector seat

Rotating number plates - Only applicable to 1960s settings. Upgrades the difficulty of any checks made to postively identify the car. Does not apply for modern day (1999 onwards) settings given car's advanced rarity.

Aston Martin DB10 (DB10-AGB)

1000?cb=20151228152053

Def 0 Armour 4 HT 10 SS 10

Encumberance capacity : 10

Price/rarity: Not for sale/10

Weapons:

Twin machine guns (fire arc rear; damage 1; critical 5; range [short]; auto fire; accurate)

Twin flame throwers (fire arc rear; damage 2; critical 5; range [short]; Burn)

Gadgets:

Ejector seat - Allows the driver to eject from the vehicle in the event of an impending crash. The ejection process blows the roof from the car, and equips the driver with a parachute.

Body armour - the advanced composite armour plating withstands small arms fire with ease, displaying no evidence of a round making contact. It is also strong enough to with stand some minor contact damage, such as ramming an Fiat 500 out of the way

HUD - Heads up display assists with targetting the machine guns. Adds the accurate quality to the weapons.

Phone holder - not just for ease of access to 009's iTunes library, it also allows your smart phone to interface with the car's computers and provide real time information to your colleagues.

(For what it's worth, I hated Spectre but I liked the look of the DB10)

Edited by Endersai

Brig

SIL: 4 Max Speed: 3 Handling: -1

Def 0 Armour 2 HT 50 SS 40

Control skill: Operating

Complement: 12

Passengers: 10 (20 uncomfortably)

Consumables : 3 months

Encumberance capacity : 150

Price/rarity: 200,000/8

Weapons:

2 Heavy crossbows (fire arcs forward and rear; damage 3; Critical 5; Range [Medium]; Pierce 1)

Popular with the navies of the great empires, smugglers, mercenaries and pirates the brig is a small and manoeuverable (thanks to gaff rigged fore and aft sail) warship armed with two heavy crossbows fore and aft. With a good crew and deck snipers, she can be brought alongside another vessel and secured with grappling ropes before boarding.

This is the kind of ship PCs in a fantasy game might pay for passage upon, especially if the captain asks no questions.

3144505775_6aabccb21b_o.jpg

If you were lucky enough to get the boxed edition of Blade Runner on blu-ray, you will have scored a sweet Spinner model which, though not to scale with metal 28mm or Heroclix miniatures, nonetheless can be used as a prop for your sci-fi Genesys games...

But, you say, Page 231 has no stats for this flying car! Ha, let me worry about that...

Spinner/aircar

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 3 Handling: +1

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 10 SS 10

Control skill: Piloting

Encumberance capacity : 10

Price/rarity: 2,000 - 20,000/3

Special: VTOL (the Spinner can take off and land without needing runway space)

Variants:

Passenger model: Models can carry up to 4 passengers will have handling -1, Encumberance of 20, and cost 15,000-20,000.

Police model: Same stats except Armour 2, rarity 7, "not for sale".

Image result for archer's dodge

American Spy Car

" Corinth is famous for its leather!"

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 5 Handling: -1

Def 0 Armour 4 HT 10 SS 10

Passengers: 3

Consumables : Minibar in glove box

Encumberance capacity : 20

Price/rarity: 30,000/7

Weapons:

Twin .30cal machine guns (fire arc front); damage 1; critical 5; range [short]; auto fire)

Oil slick emitter - add +2 setback dice to all driving checks for pursuing vehicles

Caltrops - Pursuer must pass a daunting check or suffer a flat tyre (+2 setbacks to driving checks; -1 from max top speed, -3 handling)

Gonna have to some watching on here.

Of note, im working on a space opera setting that has wooden vessels flying through space. With large shipslike a galleon floating about, does the genesys book have rules for capital ships? I don't want to have to figure out how to stat up a vessel with 30 cannons on the left and right side

There are tables explaining the basic stat type (and I've aligned the handling mostly to that, excepting for hypercars which I put at +3 because it's closer to race cars than sports cars) and things like dmg etc. So yeah what you're saying is doable but you really will have to figure bits out yourself.

I would stat up the teleporting turnip carts from Game of Thrones but I'm not sure there's rules for "speed of plot minus how terrible the show writers are." :D

Formula 1 race car

Honda "feeling sorry" for McLaren drivers

SIL: 2 Max Speed: 5 Handling: +3

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 4 SS 20

Consumables : 1 litre of hydrating fluid

Encumbrance capacity : 1

Price/rarity: 10,000,000/7

Special: During the Dangerous Driving manoeuvre, if the driver gets 2 or more threat in their final result (after all other actions are resolved) they must pit the car to replace degraded tyres. Driving checks suffer an additional 1 setback dice until the tyres are replaced.

GT3 Race Car

IMG_1339-copy.jpg

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 6 SS 12

Consumables : 1.25L of hydrating fluid

Encumbrance capacity : 4

Price/rarity: 250,000/6

Special: During the Dangerous Driving manoeuvre, if the driver gets 2 or more threat in their final result (after all other actions are resolved) they must pit the car to replace degraded tyres. Driving checks suffer an additional 1 setback dice until the tyres are replaced.

Edited by Endersai
McLaren love

Whether or not I do military drones yet, I haven't decided. This is more for personal drones, like as seen in the video games Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Watch_Dogs 2.

Quadcopter drone

Image result for quadcopter drone

SIL: 0 Max Speed: 3 Handling: +2

Def 0 Armour 0 HT 6 SS 6

Control skill: Operating

Complement: 0

Encumbrance capacity : 1

Hardpoints: 1

Price/rarity: 5,000/6

Special:

Silent running: Being the latest and hottest "toy" for hackers, spies, and other troublemakers, this drone runs as silently as possible. +2 setback die to anyone trying to detect it's location

Camera: The drone has an integrated camera with 360ยบ field of view. It also has a hardpoint to allow you to mount certain attachments to it - such as a directional wi-fi attenna for remote jacking; a speaker to cause distractions, or a claw grip to hold and deploy a grenade (stun, fragmentation etc).

Does anybody have suggestions for, or better yet examples of typical fantasy vehicles such as carriages and wagons?

Spaceships?

18 hours ago, CMtheGM said:

Spaceships?

In Star Wars RPG there is a lot of different spaceships.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:34 PM, Cantriped said:

Does anybody have suggestions for, or better yet examples of typical fantasy vehicles such as carriages and wagons?

Realms of Terrinoth has nothing about this?

4 hours ago, Bellyon said:

In Star Wars RPG there is a lot of different spaceships.

Weirdly I don't want to buy another book for this. I guess I have to guess what's balanced and make my own.

4 hours ago, Bellyon said:

Realms of Terrinoth has nothing about this?

RoT has a Wagon entry... but it's rather vague. It gives a price, rarity, encumbrance capacity, and mentions needing to be drawn by "a beast of burden" to move at a "moderate speed". However, no vehicle profile was given. Leaving me to guess what it's speed, handling, and other statistics are supposed to be. So to be more specific I'm looking for suggestions/examples of vehicle profiles appropriate to a fantasy campaign.

Oh, as soon as possible someone will shere here some average informations about some ships, don't worry about this.

For wagons, would be good to check a slow and big vehicle to have a base.

Checking my book I'd say that a wagon should be something like...

Silhouette: 3
Speed: 1 or 2 (maybe based on the number of horses?)
Handling: -2

Shield: 0 - - 0
Armor: 0
HP: 8 to 10
SS: 4 to 8
Encumbrance: 60 to 180
Passenger Cap: 15-25
Cost/Rarity: 2,000 to 10,000/2
Hard Points: 3

Edited by Bellyon