your take on sniper rifles rules

By orcbreath, in Fallout

The card states "When you perform a fight action, you cannot choose to fight an enemy in your space"

Whats the cannot? Can't use the rifles 'P' or 'A' re-rolls?

[ so just you base roll is allowed ?

But you can still use the 'head shot' dice side ?

So you cannot willingly as an action attack a chit/enemy in your space that you share.

If you run into a aggressive enemy, one that attacks when you/they enter a space then you may still use your rifle to the fullest in the same space.

So, if I'm in super duper mart, non aggressive raider flips or moves in.

So now I'm at beginning of my turn.

I guess I could put rifle in inventory (If I have room) and 1-roll punch him?

Or exchange for my tire iron (if I have) and Fight.

Or you have to 'run-away screaming' _ because you have a sniper rifle? :lol:

Not arguing, just trying to absorb this 'rule' :blink:

Yeah, if a non-aggressive enemy moves into your space, you can either un-equip the sniper rifle, or move one space, fight, and move a second space.

Looks clear enough to me. While you have the Sniper Rifle equipped, you are not allowed to start combat against an enemy located in the same space as you. Any other battle would be legal though.

Thanks, Hedgehobbit & Yaylawlz

I'll figure out what 'any other battles' are on my own.

"Any other battles" would include being attacked by any monster and if you attack with ranged combat, provided that players follow the same rules as I've understood the monsters to follow. (No I don't own the game, I just like to read rulebooks...)

3 hours ago, orcbreath said:

I'll figure out what 'any other battles' are on my own.

There are four ways to get into a fight in this game:

1-Declare a Fight action

2-Move into a space with an Aggressive enemy

3-Enemy activation through Agenda cards

4-"Draw and Fight" results on encounter cards

The Sniper Rifle's special rule only applies to #1

Edited by Hedgehobbit

On the Sniper Rifle it says: "During a fight, (special symbol on die) results always inflict hits on the enemy.

Does this card mean you only hit with a headshot? So if a ranged enemy can't be killed with a headshot you can't use the Sniper Rifle?

1 hour ago, BmlCom said:

On the Sniper Rifle it says: "During a fight, (special symbol on die) results always inflict hits on the enemy.

Does this card mean you only hit with a headshot? So if a ranged enemy can't be killed with a headshot you can't use the Sniper Rifle?

I think I get it now. You ALWAYS hit with a headshot, regardless if it is the weak spot of the enemy or not.

That is correct, sir! Deathclaws, for instance, can only be hurt on their arms, which makes the Ripper a great weapon to use against them. The Sniper Rifle opens it up so that headshots also count, however, and that's a huge advantage against the nastiest monsters.