Terminal Opinions

By CEOWolf, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Okay with little to no spoilers how is the first (hopefully not last I want me some NBN legacy plot..) Legacy set?

It’s okay. Don’t approach it too competitively and just treat it as a $10 bonus to a $30 Deluxe set of decent cards.

That said there are some BROKEN card combos in the campaign cards, even allowing for the expanded power level that having them be Campaign Only enables.

Just played my first game of it. I enjoyed it very much.

The campaign aspects seem like fun.

I hope we see a second Legacy set using Anarchs (Shapwers..?) Jintiki and NBN

My campaign partner and I enjoyed it a lot. The story is so-so; the legacy aspects were a lot of fun.

It is certainly worth doing once and may be better when combined with the new core.

9 minutes ago, Mep said:

It is certainly worth doing once and may be better when combined with the new core.

Yeah, I'm hoping to swap sides and play with revised core cards now.

Does anyone advice against using more than a single core to build decks? I'm thinking of using 3 copies of the revised core + all the deluxe boxes (but no datapacks).

I guess my concern is that if the starting decks are too good and solid from the beginning, then maybe there wouldn't be any reason to swap in anything from the campaign?

Any advice from those who've played it? I haven't opened anything yet so spoiler free please.

2 hours ago, Hipsu said:

Does anyone advice against using more than a single core to build decks? I'm thinking of using 3 copies of the revised core + all the deluxe boxes (but no datapacks).

I guess my concern is that if the starting decks are too good and solid from the beginning, then maybe there wouldn't be any reason to swap in anything from the campaign?

Any advice from those who've played it? I haven't opened anything yet so spoiler free please.

As long as both players are building from the same pool there shouldn't be any major issues*. My only real concern would be choice-paralysis - too many good card combinations to explore.

*Caveat - I have not even begun to imagine all the possible combinations or exploits of the campaign cards combined with the larger cardpool.

There are cards that are specific to the campaign that are designed to work with the limited card pool. It would be a different experience using a larger card pool but the game would still be functional.