App ally and villain pack question

By Eronenris, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

So with the app, when these allies and villains are called to play. Do we use the cards that go with these characters or does that app just tell us what to do with the characters? The reason I am wondering is, I just bought everything this game has to offer, specifically for this app. (been waiting for this since the release of this game) I just need to know when putting all this away and organizing it, if I even need to bother organizing those ally and villain pack cards into the mix.

Any help is great, thanks.

Edited by Eronenris

You are playing with the heroes and rebel allies with their normal cards and abilities.

At launch only allies from the core box and wave 1 are used, but you can play with all heroes upto Jabba's Realm (and the app may offer item cards from the expansions you have selected). Also the supply deck can include cards from all expansions, because that's used in the normal way whenever a supply card is drawn - you just remove some of the supply cards (that deal with credits and imperial groups - see the LotA rulebook).

At launch only imperial and mercenary deployment cards from the core box and wave 1 are used.

Edited by a1bert
2 hours ago, a1bert said:

You are playing with the heroes and rebel allies with their normal cards and abilities.

At launch only allies from the core box and wave 1 are used, but you can play with all heroes upto Jabba's Realm (and the app may offer item cards from the expansions you have selected). Also the supply deck can include cards from all expansions, because that's used in the normal way whenever a supply card is drawn - you just remove some of the supply cards (that deal with credits and imperial groups - see the LotA rulebook).

At launch only imperial and mercenary deployment cards from the core box and wave 1 are used.

FYI the app supports heroes from HotE.

Source: I'm playing with Drokatta right now.