App play setup

By huud007, in Legends of the Alliance

The app looks good, seems pretty easy to use. What I would like to see, though, is an initial setup window that tells me every tile I'm going to need prior to the start of the mission. With the Descent app, it is nice to pull all the tiles and then just start playing. With the Imperial Assault app, I see moments where you open a door, and then you have to pause to find all the tiles that you need. I think that an initial tile list could speed up the game play a little.

Telling the system you only own the titles you actually want to currently play isn't a bad way to handle this. If you tell the system you own everything, yeah, you need to be very well organized with all your stuff.

1 hour ago, Mep said:

Telling the system you only own the titles you actually want to currently play isn't a bad way to handle this. If you tell the system you own everything, yeah, you need to be very well organized with all your stuff.

If you change it and say you don't have an expansion box it won't use the tiles...

But it also won't use the units....

2 hours ago, huud007 said:

The app looks good, seems pretty easy to use. What I would like to see, though, is an initial setup window that tells me every tile I'm going to need prior to the start of the mission. With the Descent app, it is nice to pull all the tiles and then just start playing. With the Imperial Assault app, I see moments where you open a door, and then you have to pause to find all the tiles that you need. I think that an initial tile list could speed up the game play a little.

Playing the tutorial, I thought the same thing. It would be great at the beginning to have instructions that say “set aside tiles 01a 02a 18a” If there are initial deployments for the Imperial side knowing those up front would help as well (I only played the tutorial, so perhaps they do that on the real mission)

Nice thing is, that is probably an easy fix and can be added in v 1.01 :)

It should be an easy fix as it seems the expansion stuff is only being used for possible units and not tile selection.

4 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

If you change it and say you don't have an expansion box it won't use the tiles...

But it also won't use the units....

Not exactly a bad thing if you don't want the units used either. It's actually real good for the unit packs. Wilde down the collection so the units you want the game to use have a higher chance of poping up. If you really want that newly painted Darth Maul to show up, just add him in, the base set and a few fodder units. I don't think it is a guarantee but it increases the odds. Same can be done with the tiles.

3 hours ago, huud007 said:

It should be an easy fix as it seems the expansion stuff is only being used for possible units and not tile selection.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. It will probably use the other tiles once more campaigns are added in.