Atlantis add-on

By Sauron 3, in General Discussion

What do you think if were any chance we will see the add-on on Atlantis theme to the original game?

How it is possible to communicate with the developers of the game to pass them such idea?

What does this have to do with Lovecraft though?

Not much. But then, the game already includes a lot of non-Lovecraft stuff. The other two sunken continents, Mu and Lemuria, show up a few times in the margins, especially with Yig. Plus, they have some Howard stuff and Hyperborea already, so non-Lovecraftian ancient civilizations are a thing that could happen. Plus, including Kull of Atlantis would be hilarious.

More seriously, though, there's about a million more iconic things in the Chaosium world they could bring in first.

The more I think about it... a while ago, I think on Boardgame Geek, someone posted their total conversion of the game called "Ancient Horror," which set the entire game just before the Bronze Age Collapse around the Eastern Mediterranean and the Black Sea.

A similar conversion to the Hyborian Age would be pretty fantastic. Plus, the tone of hte game has long been one more of "punching Cthulhu in the face with a gatling gun" than "Horror", so having Conan and Co in there would actually fit.

Edited by Eldan985

I would hate to see them stray further from Lovecraft than they already have but would LOVE a Hyborian Age game that isn't just miniature combat. Something that really explores the lore and setting.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:42 AM, Meretrix said:

What does this have to do with Lovecraft though?

Not much. Just like most of Eldritch Horror's content.

Atlantis is sunk or destroyed during the time period of EH. If you want a lost sunken city to rise that's what R'lyeh is.

Edited by Meretrix
On 12/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, Meretrix said:

If you want a lost sunken city to rise that's what R'lyeh is.

The game already mentions/features at least four sunken/submerged cities and at least one continent. I don't think adding another would do any harm. The deep ones got to live somewhere, as an intelligent race they may have many cities underwater.

On 12/1/2017 at 11:16 AM, Meretrix said:

Atlantis is sunk or destroyed during the time period of EH.

In my secret project an encounter in the past allows one to prevent the Atlantis cataclysm and add another named City to the board this way. That's only one of many ways a "destroyed" City can still be relevant. Literature and popculture also feature several ideas in how some of the Atlanteans could survive the catastrophe. I AHF universe "sunk" doesn't necessarily mean "gone".

Edited by tsuma534

Well the point is moot. It's not happening fortunately. So keep dreaming.

Edited by Meretrix
16 hours ago, Meretrix said:

Well the point is moot. It's not happening fortunately.

Either you have just violated an NDA or you're wasting your precognition abilities in a boardgame forum.

My main problem with Atlantis in an Eldritch Horror game is that Mythos-Atlantis is just not very interesting. All jokes about Kull aside, it's a very generic place.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:48 AM, tsuma534 said:

In my secret project....

I am listening...