Uthuk List, 200 pts with two core boxes (and a wee bit of card proxying)

By Tvayumat, in Runewars List Building

I really wish FFG would release the unit expansions at the same time as the army boxes. Oh well, at least it's all uphill from here. Anyway, here's a list I played to some success and a lot of fun the other night. It's not subtle, but man it can lay down some hurt, and on a good turn it can get across the board in no time, flat. I think Bloodfire Witch would be a solid addition to capitalize on red runes, and plan to wrap the 'zerkers into a larger unit once some more upgrades are available.

Ravos is incredibly dangerous like this, and the Threshers do FAR more damage than I gave them credit for at first glance, in addition to tanking a buttload of damage. They feel just about like what the Rune Golem wants to be, but isn't.

Flesh Rippers in two trays with Dead Sprint are like missiles. They are incredibly threatening, can potentially do a lot of damage, and are cheap enough I don't mind throwing them away to achieve a greater goal.

- Ravos the Everhungry (40 pts)

-- Fear Incarnate (5 pts)

-- Dragonjaw Focus (5 pts, proxied, available with Kethra A'laak)

(50 pts)

- Berserkers (4 trays, 27 pts)

-- Cacophony Reaver (6 pts)

(33 pts)

- Berserkers (4 trays, 27 pts)

-- Cacophony Reaver (6 pts)

(33 pts)

- Flesh Rippers (2 trays, 22 pts)

-- Dead Sprint (4 pts, proxied, available with Flesh Ripper xpac)

(26 pts)

- Flesh Rippers (2 trays, 22 pts)

-- Dead Sprint (4 pts, proxied, available with Flesh Ripper xpac)

(26 pts)

-Spined Threshers (2 trays, 28 pts)

TOTAL 196

Dragonjaw Focus is an interesting choice for Ravos. He doesn't have a skill to take advantage of the second part of Dragonjaw Focus. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Dragonjaw Focus just causes them to suffer the effects of the morale card, but they don't suffer a morale test, so Fear Incarnate doesn't trigger off of it.

Glad to hear the Flesh Rippers are exceeding your expectations!

3 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Dragonjaw Focus is an interesting choice for Ravos. He doesn't have a skill to take advantage of the second part of Dragonjaw Focus. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Dragonjaw Focus just causes them to suffer the effects of the morale card, but they don't suffer a morale test, so Fear Incarnate doesn't trigger off of it.

Glad to hear the Flesh Rippers are exceeding your expectations!

I find Dragonjaw Focus worth it, even minus the second action and the lack of synergy with Fear Incarnate simply because it's a good way to use a revealed Loss of Faith from Cacophony Reaver at range. It's happened regularly enough that I look out for it.

Edited by Tvayumat

I really can't wait to see the upgrades in the thresher expansion. I like this. The only way to get near 200 is MSU. The lost I used had 191 but i had stuff i didn't want/need just to get to 191 lol with expansion I drop unneeded and add units.

6 block st will be unstoppable

6 hours ago, Curlycross said:

6 block st will be unstoppale

I, too, am looking forward to that. My current dream list - although a bit of a joke - is to have 6 trays of Spined Threshers with Ravos embedded and 9 tray Spined Threshers with Kethra embedded. Each unit will be fully-upgraded. I'm still waiting on the Spined Threshers' unique and Kethra's figure upgrade before I can finalize the list, though. I just love the idea of having two large units led by heroes, almost like each hero is leading its own army.