New Expansion Ideas: New Units+White Dice

By Sharkey1337, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Rise of the Empire introduced Green Dice to Rebellion, so it could be expected that a newer expansion could do something similar as well. The game still notably lacks interceptor fighter ships, such as the Imperial TIE Interceptor and the Rebel A-wing.

These type of ships are very strong against other fighters but they’re noticeably weak at hitting capital ships. To reflect these specialized craft I introduce the concept of White Dice:

-2 blank sides, 4 hit sides

Damage type dealt is based on the color of the symbols on the white die, which in this case are black hit symbols which only hit fighters/infantry. These dice will also work for two anti-infantry units that I’ll describe below.

The major advantage of these craft are supplementing forces with extra dice beyond the 5 black dice, however they have no chance of any crossover damage to their non-specialty due to having no direct hit sides on their dice. They’re also unable to produce any damage removal unlike the more general purpose TIE Fighters, X-wings, and Y-wings.

Here’s my breakdown of what these units will look like:

-TIE Interceptor/A-wing: cost 1 blue triangle, have 1 black health, attack with 1 white die

Let me also add these two iconic anti-capital ship units that the game still lacks as well:

-TIE Bomber/B-wing: cost 1 blue circle, have 2 black health, attack with 2 red dice

This wouldn’t be a true expansion if it also didn’t add new ground units, such as:

-Imperial Speeder Bike/Rebel Mark II Repeating Blaster Turret: cost 1 orange triangle, have 1 black health, attack with 1 white die

-Rebel P-Tower Dish Turret: cost 1 orange circle, has 3 red health (structure), attacks with two red dice

-Imperial A6 Juggernaut (Turbo Tank): cost 1 square orange, has 3 red health, attacks with 2 black dice and 1 red die

I can see the overall expansion including 3 white dice, 4 B-wings, 4 TIE Bombers, 6 A-wings, 6 TIE Interceptors, 6 Repeating Blasters, 6 Speeder Bikes, 3 P-Tower turrets, and 3 Juggernauts.

Thoughts?

Edited by Sharkey1337

The only thing I would add is that I would love to see the Liberty MC80 model as well. I love your ideas though

I like your ideas. Hope to see something similar soon.

However an expansion should also include new leaders like Thrawn, Hera, Kanan and Kallus.

On 08/01/2018 at 10:27 AM, Pappkristof said:

I like your ideas. Hope to see something similar soon.

However an expansion should also include new leaders like Thrawn, Hera, Kanan and Kallus.

Hi! I made such an fanmade expansion by myself but I've no time to translate it to english.

Edited by droidscotty
Files are no more to share