Rules are up on FFG site

By VAYASAN, in Legacy of Dragonholt

No sign of any kind of rolling or random factors in combat that I can see?

It seems it is a campaign of choose your own adventures. With a village book for exploring that gives replay ability. Easy character generation allows this game to be a fantasy 'gateway' game. The multi player activation mechanism is neat.

45 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

It seems it is a campaign of choose your own adventures. With a village book for exploring that gives replay ability. Easy character generation allows this game to be a fantasy 'gateway' game. The multi player activation mechanism is neat.

Looks a great framework but its a bit like a chidrens game with no more depth than pick a choice and turn to the page...even less 'combaty' than the old fighting fantasy books.

Cant help but think they are onto something great here but some really bad decision by somebody has led to this 'do you fight or hide' ? Oh you fight? Well played, turn to page 1138 :unsure:

If combat is that binary, I'm probably out. Unless the reviews are stellar.

Sure, I'd like the character system and the combat system to be just a little bit meatier, but I don't see any reason for all that doom and gloom, either. I am sure the average encounter will last across multiple steps, each step offering multiple options of varying effectivity partially restricted by your active skills and prior story decisions. (And quite frankly, I find it hard to consider a system where you are often completely at the mercy of your die throws better, let alone deeper. Looking at you, Lone Wolf books without house rules.)