Announcement Galactic Gamemat

By GromSky, in Twilight Imperium

Friends, do you think, whether this thing will be sold in online stores, for example in Miniature Market? :huh:

And does it fit for Edition3?

44 minutes ago, Dogma1979 said:

And does it fit for Edition3?

As you can see in here

TI4 exes are just a little bigger than third edition ones, so it should fit.

Edited by Pretorian

Im a sucker for buying accessories, especially "official" ones. But I do wonder if this will simply be the same mousmat material that FFG use for their xwing (and other) playmats?

Those mats might stay put on the table, but anything on the mat itself will slip and slide around like crazy. The top should also be of some anti-slip material to make sure the tiles, when placed, stay put.

So, this mean no eight player expansion.. or no expansion at all?

No this means they will sell new 8P mats when the first expansion is released.

Also I think you can easily put another ring of tiles around the current rings.

What are the dimensions of the official playmat? I'm hoping close to 100cm square.

2 hours ago, Evernoob said:

No this means they will sell new 8P mats when the first expansion is released.

Also I think you can easily put another ring of tiles around the current rings.

What are the dimensions of the official playmat? I'm hoping close to 100cm square.

3x3, about 90x90 cm.

90 is relatively close to 100 but it'll be close to fit 4 rings..

In TI3 I know my 100cm wide table was able to fit an 8P galaxy, but now with slightly smaller hexes in TI4 the players sitting along the edge of the map might get quite cramped for space.

The point about the whole **** galaxy gliding around that mat is a good one. I will wait for some reviews on this.

8 hours ago, Evernoob said:

In TI3 I know my 100cm wide table was able to fit an 8P galaxy, but now with slightly smaller hexes in TI4 the players sitting along the edge of the map might get quite cramped for space.

I thought it was the TI3 hexes that were smaller?

39 minutes ago, Fnoffen said:

I thought it was the TI3 hexes that were smaller?

Correct. I think he just mis typed.

Yep was a typo. So bigger hexes in 8P might be close on a 1m wide table.

I understand that some hexes are numbered for 3, 4, 5 and 6 to show home world locations but what are all the little 4+ symbols for?

Edited by Netorious

Found my answer - it clarifies that those hexes are only used in 4+ player games.