New Blog Post/Flightmaster's Latari

By flightmaster101, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Hey all,

I made a new blog post on my podcasts website detailing how my Latari Came out! Please check it out, let me know your thougths!

http://www.runecasters.net/2017/11/20/painting-blog-part-6/

Here are some previews:

moon_elves_45.jpg

wood_elves_45.jpg

Edited by flightmaster101

Looks great. I like the more muted color scheme, which I don’t often see on Elves. Usually they’re more the bright nature colors like you described in the FFG stock models.

4 hours ago, Hawkman2000 said:

Looks great. I like the more muted color scheme, which I don’t often see on Elves. Usually they’re more the bright nature colors like you described in the FFG stock models.

Thanks!

Being an ex service member it bugs me that in order to fit in with the forest you need bright emerald green and hyper oranged brown.

THAT'S NOT HOW CAMOUFLAGE WORKS! :D :D

I'll be posting the final pics soon, stay tuned!

Edited by flightmaster101

The muted colors may be more realistic, but I do feel you lose details in the model since the colors blend together a bit more than if you had vibrant colors.

16 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

The muted colors may be more realistic, but I do feel you lose details in the model since the colors blend together a bit more than if you had vibrant colors.

The quandry of mini painting, do you want realistic, or visible at the table. Typically visible requires exaggeration, as we aren't generally sticking or noses in the miniature.

Nice work flight, but not vibrant enough for my Garish ways. That aside doesn't camo have much less to do with colour and more to do with silhouette :ph34r:

Edited by Darthain

look like Dark Elves. Me likes

Quick question to all those painting elves:

Are any of you out there going to string their bows?

5 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

I saw some on Facebook, I think. Or were those Skeleton Archers?

Nope. I'm pretty sure those were @Tvayumat 's Reanimate Archers.

Edited by Budgernaut
6 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

No, I'm not even close to bothering. Maybe on a hero, where the single figure stands out, but definitely not grunt level. Don't want paint on the string, or glue on the paint.

It is really easy to do though.

Edited by Darthain

Really like the color scheme here. I look forward to seeing more...