Marked for Glory and Lottery

By Osbo25, in Talisman Rules Questions

The spell Marked for Glory works with the event Lottery, right? I mean, you could theoretically wind up with 12 gold, right? I can't think of any reason why not. It's like hitting the multiplier with the Powerball.

But let's go really big. You have the Totem Staff from the Dungeon, which lets you hold one more spell than your max, giving you four spells. You cast Marked for Glory, then Spell Call, then Marked for Glory. When you cast Marked for Glory the second time you use the Scribe to discard your fourth spell, and then you cast Marked for Glory a third time. That's a total of four spells cast, which you can do because that's how many you started the round with.

And then you use the Gift of the Wild quest reward to add an additional three to your total.

By my calculations, you could roll a base 6, add 6 three times (or 18), and then add another three. That's a roll of 27 from a 1d6.

And, heck, if you're the Gambler you could reduce the odds and increase the total still more by however many fate you have.

Am I wrong on this? It seems excessive, but, again, I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be permissible.

1) Yes, you can do that.

2) Yes, what you've described works, but remember that it will only work if you actually had 4 spells
at the beginning of your turn. (And manage to acquire everything you've listed + drawing said card, of course.

Highly unlikely in a game with 4 or more players.)

--

Lol, didn't know whoever added the gambler to the DE buffed him that much. Seems like an overkill.

57 minutes ago, Lorinor said:

1) Yes, you can do that.

2) Yes, what you've described works, but remember that it will only work if you actually had 4 spells
at the beginning of your turn. (And manage to acquire everything you've listed + drawing said card, of course.

Highly unlikely in a game with 4 or more players.)

--

Lol, didn't know whoever added the gambler to the DE buffed him that much. Seems like an overkill.

It seems to me that there is something else that lets you increase your spell limit also, but I can't recall what that is right now. Having the Genie or the Spellstone or anything else that gives you extra spells that don't count toward your limit would be a more likely scenario.