Surprising cards and combos

By Marcus2410, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Find the Weakness 4xp card is pretty brutal with Hired Gun spam.

I can testify that experimental arms with royal guards is insane... until you get superior augments, then it's op.

Nothing clears your carefully positioned elite squads faster than a Shyla that waits for a squad to activate and spread out, then whips the two units back into adjacency, and lets Fenn finish the job.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:34 AM, Deadwolf said:

Nemesis' Inspiration + Nexu: evade+block. I hadn't really thought of it until after I played a Nexu one time.

Nexu work nicely with Prey upon Doubt as well.

Bo-Rifle_595_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg

and

latest?cb=20180129145738

use it as a normal melee weapon. 3blue 1red if you are focused add 1 green.

and thats how the Jedi Sniper is born...

1 hour ago, Ace_of_Spades said:

3blue 1red if you are focused add 1 green.

That's a really interesting attack. 5 dice, but three of them are blue.

A lot of variance on damage, but as long as you can draw LOS you're gonna hit it.

41 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

That's a really interesting attack. 5 dice, but three of them are blue.

A lot of variance on damage, but as long as you can draw LOS you're gonna hit it.

Looks like you need Weighted Head mod to this weapon, so that you get some nice ranged cleave :)

6 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

Looks like you need Weighted Head mod to this weapon, so that you get some nice ranged cleave :)

Oof, that's just mean.

edit: Because I was curious, I checked the RRG and this does seem possible. However, I'm curious if Cleave gets the range:

The Cleave keyword appears on some cards. If the target of this figure’s attack suffers one or more H (damage), the attacker may choose a different hostile figure or object that he could target for an attack. The chosen figure or object suffers the amount of H listed. For example, “Cleave 1H” causes the chosen figure or object to suffer 1H.

• The chosen figure or object must be an eligible target. For example, for a melee attack (without Reach), the chosen figure must be adjacent to the attacker.

• The H suffered by Cleave is not prevented by G.

• If an attack inflicts a condition, such as Stun or Bleed, this condition is applied only to the target of the attack and not to figures affected by Cleave.

I feel like it does get the range, since the RRG specifies that the figure must be an eligible target, but not necessarily always an eligible melee target. So I'd say it works, it's just weird thematically. :P

Edited by subtrendy2
38 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Oof, that's just mean.

edit: Because I was curious, I checked the RRG and this does seem possible. However, I'm curious if Cleave gets the range:

I feel like it does get the range, since the RRG specifies that the figure must be an eligible target, but not necessarily always an eligible melee target. So I'd say it works, it's just weird thematically. :P

Look at inquisitor, his cleave is ranged. Rule is on his pack rule sheet. Thematically, inquisitor weapon works like a boomerang. In this very case is less thematic :)

also consider you get cleave 1 and then you can get +1 for 1 surge and then +1 for one more surge. So it's like you can cleave up to 3 targets depending on how much surge you roll

Edited by Golan Trevize
2 minutes ago, a1bert said:

And in the FAQ, and https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/168240/consolidated-star-wars-imperial-assault-rules

"Fortunately" Dancing Weapon is a special action, so it can be used only once per activation.

Although bo-rifle can spend another action for another ranged attack (with -1 Surge though). So 2 ranged attacks with cleave per round!

Edited by Golan Trevize
2 minutes ago, Golan Trevize said:

Although bo-rifle can spend another action for another ranged attack (with -1 Surge though). So 2 ranged attacks with cleave per round!

And with one less blue die.

Bo-rifle is a good weapon even alone. Tress routinely one-shot 8-health figures with it in a LotA finale (thanks to her style tokens etc.), and the ranged special action can be done when her hydraulics fail or the target is in the wrong direction.

Edited by a1bert
8 minutes ago, a1bert said:

And with one less blue die.

Bo-rifle is a good weapon even alone. Tress routinely one-shot 8-health figures with it in a LotA finale (thanks to her style tokens etc.), and the ranged special action can be done when her hydraulics fail or the target is in the wrong direction.

Sure thing. It's not like with Dancing Weapon but you still have some chance of 2 good attacks with a potential overall cleave 6 on one target, cleave 3 on 2 targets, cleave 2 on 3 targets or cleave 1 on 6 targets! Depending on the case it can potentially be up to 8 kills in one activation. Not too shabby :D

Edited by Golan Trevize

I like how the first Dancing Weapon attack can spend a surge to become Focused so that the 2nd Bo-Rifle ranged attack gets an extra attack die as well. That is a pretty cool combo.

12 hours ago, Tvboy said:

I like how the first Dancing Weapon attack can spend a surge to become Focused so that the 2nd Bo-Rifle ranged attack gets an extra attack die as well. That is a pretty cool combo.

you mean in the next round first attack?

on the same turn you canot use this weapon coz its exhausted if you used the surge to become focused.

Or you mean:

1.Attack: Focused attack with previous round Focus

2.Attack: Dancing weapon and generate Focus again?

Edited by Ace_of_Spades
1 hour ago, Ace_of_Spades said:

on the same turn you canot use this weapon coz its exhausted if you used the surge to become focused.

Or you mean:

I'm pretty sure you can still attack with an exhausted weapon. This came up previously with Jarrod and his ability to exhaust melee weapons in defense.

It was discussed here on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1915423/jarrods-parry-ability-after-exhausted-weapon-can-h

I'm sure someone wiser than me ( @a1bert ) can tell you where to find the exact rule...

Edited by conagm87

All abilities on an exhausted card are still available, you are just unable to pay an exhaust cost with an already exhausted card (which is the rule you're looking for).

6 hours ago, Ace_of_Spades said:

Or you mean:

He’s saying

1) Attack: Focused or not, Dancing Weapon with Bo-Rifle, Surge+Exhaust for focus.

2) Attack: Focused, ranged attack with Bo-Rifle

13 hours ago, conagm87 said:

I'm pretty sure you can still attack with an exhausted weapon. This came up previously with Jarrod and his ability to exhaust melee weapons in defense.

It was discussed here on BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1915423/jarrods-parry-ability-after-exhausted-weapon-can-h

I'm sure someone wiser than me ( @a1bert ) can tell you where to find the exact rule... 

13 hours ago, a1bert said:

All abilities on an exhausted card are still available, you are just unable to pay an exhaust cost with an already exhausted card (which is the rule you're looking for).

8 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

He’s saying

1) Attack: Focused or not, Dancing Weapon with Bo-Rifle, Surge+Exhaust for focus.

2) Attack: Focused, ranged attack with Bo-Rifle

My bad.. thank you all its getting better and better than i previously thinked :))))

cant wait to try it again....

BT-1, Rancor and Limitless Arsenal. When BT-1 is deployed, missile salvo can replace one of the 1-die attacks with a 3 dice attack (Rancor pool) and also gain focus! BG+RG+RGGG! yay!

Edited by Golan Trevize
15 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

BT-1, Rancor and Limitless Arsenal. When BT-1 is deployed, missile salvo can replace one of the 1-die attacks with a 3 dice attack (Rancor pool) and also gain focus! BG+RG+RGGG! yay!

Even cheaper: junk droid with Limitless Arsenal and Rancor in your hand.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:14 AM, Golan Trevize said:

That's a question we had - does Focus apply to SPECIAL attacks like BT's salvo.

We've been playing it safe and limiting focus to simple alternate attacks in our group. But I'm wondering if there's an official rule on this one.

... also late to the party: of course dancing weapon cleave should get range cleave. Diala's a Jedi, so she gets her Jedi saber throw same as inquisitor. It's little different than a Reach-Cleave pegging characters 4 tiles away from each other. ... bo-rifle sniper jedi for the win.

40 minutes ago, thinkbomb said:

That's  a question we had - does Focus apply to SPECIAL attacks like BT'  s salvo. 

The timing is “before you declare an attack.” Every attack gets declared regardless of whether it comes from an ability or from spending an action.

Also there are no “special attacks” so assuming you meant special action, correct?

5 hours ago, thinkbomb said:

That's a question we had - does Focus apply to SPECIAL attacks like BT's salvo.

Yes it applies to any attack declared by BT. Missile Salvo is 3 attacks with 2 dice. That's how it's played at official skirmish tournaments

Edited by Golan Trevize

Dice fest this night! I'll test this: focused eJet within 2 spaces and limitless arsenal + Rancor. If I manage to get focus (in example Imperial Officer and Tactical Mastery) it means I can potentially attack with RGGBG next round.

Edited by Golan Trevize