Feb 10, Toronto, ON

By hereticjon, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

Me and two friends are registered. Very excited since this will be my first tournament even though Armada is my favourite game. 6 hour drive from Northern Ontario but worth it IMO!

Any general advice for a first timer? Me and my buds play pretty hard, hopefully we can shake things up a bit.

Define "pretty hard"... Do you play a lot? Do you play very competitively?

online reg? link?

On 19/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, Roquax said:

Define "pretty hard"... Do you play a lot? Do you play very competitively?

Once or twice a week which is a lot given my schedule. We talk about the game and tweak lists pretty much constantly the rest of the week too.

Nice to see Armada is alive and well in Northern Ontario. It would be good to have you attend as it would being new ideas to the meta.

Quick piece(s) of advice...

1. Parking around 401 Games (the venue) is rather sparse. Street parking has a 2-3hr time limit, so you'll end up having to top up the meter after every game. Park at home/hotel and subway it in.

2. The regional will attract people from around the area (Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal etc). We expect the event to sell out, so purchase your ticket in advance.

bump for being next weekend

actually bringing a Rochester contingent (more than just me for once :) )

Edited by CenterPoint

Vttv on YouTube will have a livestream. Nice!

Just to be clear the new toys didn't quite make it in time for this tournament eh?

they should be. this is a regional meaning new stuff is legal same day

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/legality/

Relaxed and Formal Tier tournaments: All product is legal in North America upon the product's official release. (Includes Store and Regional Championships)

Yep.

its legal in Calgary on Feb3, so no excuses for Toronto on Feb10 ?

I thought in premier tier events there was an 11 day window or is that old info?

Oh nvm. Where did I see that Regionals were premier tier?

Just now, hereticjon said:

Oh nvm. Where did I see that Regionals were premier tier?

First year of OP it was.

Ok I feel like less of an illiterate then.

Today is the day! Battlestations!

Good luck, everyone!

Looking forward to seeing the lists and results!