Things I would like for MC

By Cyborgtrucker, in Mutant Chronicles

Now some of these are more out of self interest and others I think would be practical.

1. A set of dice in a blister like what you get in the starter. Only cause I don't want to buy a second starter just to have enough dice. I don't think that is unreasonable.
  2. There is a map tile set coming out in February and it looks very nice. Maybe future ones could include different environments. Mutant Chronicles originally, and I think still now, takes place all across the solar system. Polar caps of a frozen moon, volcanic fields of the planet Mercury, the jungles of Venus and many more could be created. Not to mention ruined cities, Dark Symmetry Citadels or Brotherhood Cathedrals!
  3. The new map pack looks like it has new terrain overlays and Victory Zone markers. Keep them coming!
  4. A Razide or maybe a pair of Pretorian Stalkers. This is purely a personal request.

So what are you looking for in a the future of MC. The practical or the personal?

1 - Many of us share the same request. Let's hope FFG is listening !

2 - It seems a second map pack is in the pipe. Since this first pack is named "Mars", we can assume the next one will be "Venus", or "Luna" (urban battlegrounds !!)... A "Mercury" set would be awesome, but we need Mishima before we get it ! Some "Space" set, with asteroids or space station battlefields could be good to play with Cybertronic or Imperial. And a "Nero" map pack, with corrupted fields and demoniac architecture could be cool, too.

3 - Couldn't agree more.

4 - Yes, Razids and Pretorian Stalkers would be great... Hope we'll get them soon !! It seems each faction will get new figs in 2009 (FFG already previewed the Valkyrie for the Brotherhood, and the Bauhauser on his dino mount... Would make sense to give Algeroth those units !).

my greatest hope is that the next figures will be more coherent with the old design...

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I saw some pix of the Mars Map pack and it looks very nice. The apparantly numerous tile options for the boards is a plus.

Urban, snow, etc would be fantastic.

I was only recently introduced to the setting, so I have no qualms with the size of the figure.

All basic components of a starter set, such as dice and tokens, should be available for replacement at least directly from the FFG website. Other companies cover this cost with a bit of a loaded shipping fee, which most of us would be fine with to acquire extra dice for friends, etc.

Not really urgent priority right now though, IMO. I'm sure if you wrote them with the situation, such as lost dice, you'd be taken care of. FFG is customer focused.

How many demon factions are there you guys? What is the upcoming one going to look like? Being new to the fluff, am I going to be surprised?

In the classic MC setting, there are 5 apostles of the Dark Symmetry :

- Algeroth, who's specialized in Dark technology and warfare - Algeroth troops form the bulk of the demonic armies. Like we all know, his troopers are mostly big brawlers. Close heavy faction, with a lot of big monsters, a lot of health, a lack of firepower at range and armour or healing.

- Ilian is the head of the apostles, master of the Void : she's the magic type. They're the next faction for the game, monster heavy (like all the dark symmetry forces ?), but with a trickier gameplay than Algeroth : they will use "ice tokens" to block enemy troops or instant kill them... They'll also have teleportation (for the Golems-type monsters only)... They seem to be a kind of "demoniac brotherhood", gameplay-wise (in fact, their unique, Karak, allow them to take brotherhood figs in their army).

-Muawijhe is the master of madness, with nightmarish creatures and psychic powers to turn his opponent mad.

-Semaï is the lord of Lies, instilling doubts in humans minds, converting them to the darkness. He fields heretics, and spy-like troopers. Expect an infiltration/assassination heavy army.

-Demnogonis is the master of illness and putrefaction, with big fat purulent nepharites...

Thanks Patimus, your info is interesting to say the least.

If I wanted to see at least old figs or artwork to plan my next army preference, what links do you recommend I use? Any particular websites?

You'll get all the info you want on this site...

www.mutantpedia.com/eng/index.htm

The RPG (Mutant chronicles GdR section) books will give you all the background you want, and you'll get army lists for all the factions in the Warzone&boardgames section. I suggest you should take a look at "Ultimate Warzone" (in the Warzone section), since FFG seems to take it as a reference for their game.

For artworks, Paul Bonner who designed notorious art for MC has put online most of its work about this universe.

http://www.paulbonner.net/

Paul Bonner is an absolute master.

Whenever I see something by him or Paolo Parente, I think of MC. That's why I'm glad they used a lot of Parente's stuff on the command cards.

To return to the start topic in "things I would like for MC ":

1. Command card sets in order to have multiple copies of the same command card without buying multiple boxset.
  2. Promo cards set in order to fully exploit uniq personnalities and victory zones.

Oh yeah, thread topics... I forget about them sometimes. :)

1) Promo units. This is how Monsterpocalypse got so many people hooked at GenCon, and continues getting people hooked.

2) A repaint of the first set, with the new painting company. The models themselves are really good for the most part -- it's just the paint jobs that are lacking. However, we wouldn't reasonably see this until all stock for the first set has been depleted, and there's no way to know when that will be.

Coral Beach:

Multiple Command Card Sets:

~Just put two sets in the next starter IMO.

promo cards to boost figs:

~barf in my mouth. If this becomes a cmg and I'm watching promo cards on ebay to stay strong vs. my friends, this is a game I will drop.

I see you on a lot of forums and fully respect your opinion, but that concept did not sell this game.

Promo figs: ~absolutely essential!