Desperate Circumstances late news article

By Wh0isTh3D0ct0r, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I wonder why FFG is deliberately attempting to kill this game. This IG-88 Objective set is stupid overpowered, and will be nothing but an NPE until it is inevitably nerfed. Auto capture once per turn? Also, auto-kill something that you already have captured. Which playtesters saw this and thought, "You know what Scum needs? More reasons to make the Light Side player want to flip the table and reach across to punch me in the face!"

It's only auto capture once per turn if LS is using card effects to get units into play. That card doesn't touch units that are played normally during deployment.

4 hours ago, Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

I wonder why this article didn't show up last Thursday when the force pack hit retail shelves. Normally, FFG posts an article like this on the official release date.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/9/technological-revolution/

I'm guessing they were a bit busy running the world championships last week. Not sure why it took until this Thursday, but not surprised they didn't get it last week.

4 hours ago, TheNameWasTaken said:

It's only auto capture once per turn if LS is using card effects to get units into play. That card doesn't touch units that are played normally during deployment.

Exactly. However, I’m sure that many people will read it wrong. Hopefully their opponents will know better.

8 hours ago, Cojhawk said:

Which playtesters saw this and thought, "You know what Scum needs? More reasons to make the Light Side player want to flip the table and reach across to punch me in the face!"

A lot of playtesters also play competitively on a regular basis. Infer from that what you will.

22 hours ago, Cojhawk said:

I wonder why FFG is deliberately attempting to kill this game. This IG-88 Objective set is stupid overpowered, and will be nothing but an NPE until it is inevitably nerfed. Auto capture once per turn? Also, auto-kill something that you already have captured. Which playtesters saw this and thought, "You know what Scum needs? More reasons to make the Light Side player want to flip the table and reach across to punch me in the face!"

What they are trying to do is provide a counter to Spark of Rebellion. Please understand what the card actually does before going on a rant.