Just how old is Maegan?

By Waywardpaladin, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Her story is that there was a tribe of human barbarians that were close to the Latari. There was a prophecy that a child born of one woman from the tribe and a dark elf would one day rule elfkind. Dark elf meets up with woman, they have a child together, presumably with different intent for the child. Dad disappears, mom raises kid.

First Darkness happens, Uthuk kill mom. Kid wanders as orphan, spends years traveling the world, working on her powers and meeting people. Eventually goes to the Latari and manages to impress the king. Becomes his consort, inherits access to the Tear the Dark Elves left behind.

So, she's super old right? Over millenia?

Elves live VERY long lives, just like the Lord of the Rings elves.

To be that old and still hot!

I'd settle for just hot ...

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Elves live VERY long lives, just like the Lord of the Rings elves.

So alive unless killed?

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

So alive unless killed?

I think so, yes.

Apparently they can also "redeem" themselves like their first Queen did and ascend back to the Empyrean.

More lore dropped in the battle report today. Apparently her elf dad helped start the First Darkness?

Never heard of an elf doing it, did Llovar apprentice to a dark elf? It always sounded like the Ynfernael made contact with him on its own.

I think, but I'm not sure, that the Ynfernael was bound beneath the earth, and Maegan's father, desiring more magic power, opened a connection with the Ynfernael that has never been shut. Through that gate, the Ynfernael made contact with Llovar. But the sources are spotty, so I'm not certain that is the way events transpired.

54 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

I think, but I'm not sure, that the Ynfernael was bound beneath the earth, and Maegan's father, desiring more magic power, opened a connection with the Ynfernael that has never been shut. Through that gate, the Ynfernael made contact with Llovar. But the sources are spotty, so I'm not certain that is the way events transpired.

Interesting, so he is a survivor of the very first civil war the elves had?

1 hour ago, Waywardpaladin said:

Interesting, so he is a survivor of the very first civil war the elves had?

Maybe, but I didn't think Llovar was elven. I think once the Ynfernael was opened, it sought out servants beyond the Ru Steppes. Maybe? @Budgernaut do you have any insight?

4 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Maybe, but I didn't think Llovar was elven. I think once the Ynfernael was opened, it sought out servants beyond the Ru Steppes. Maybe? @Budgernaut do you have any insight?

I didn't mean that Llovar was elven, but that her father was both an elf and one born as far back as the elven civil war, he wasn't born as a dark elf but was one of those who turned.

Edited by Waywardpaladin

I don't know for sure, but it seems likely that she was around during the First Darkness. However, she probably didn't fight, I think.

6 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I don't know for sure, but it seems likely that she was around during the First Darkness. However, she probably didn't fight, I think.

Yeah, her mother died to Uthuk in the First Darkness, we were just trying to decide if her father was a dark elf born after or before their civil war and Parakitor made it sound like he was the one to START the civil war.