Mice Bones for Nexu

By Mimikyu, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

I bought some owl pellets for the mice bones inside them from a local aviary (you can get them online) to mod the bases for my nexus and I'm pleased with the results.

All I had to do was get the pellets wet to loosen them up, pull out the mice bones, and let the bones soak in hydrogen peroxide for a couple days to sterilize them. This step also bleaches the bones, so when I fixed them on the bases I used a thin layer of agrax earthshade to grunge them up a bit more. I harvested roughly 10 bones or so per pellet and now have lots leftover for future beasts. I thought about putting some blood effects on the bones but figured that it might be too gruesome for play with the family. :P

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: table and food

Today I learned you can buy owl poop, and use them to make cool looking mini bases. Those bones would probably work well with the Rancor too.

5894583563_cd38ac0258_b.jpg

1 hour ago, RogueLieutenant said:

Today I learned you can buy owl poop, and use them to make cool looking mini bases. Those bones would probably work well with the Rancor too.

Owl vomit, but yes :) . I've thought about using it for the rancor. The bones aren't very thick so you may be able to snap them and get some chewed-looking bones for it.

Although I will never do this, I applaud you for thinking outside of the box.

Where do you get mice bones?

4 hours ago, Lumberjack Nick said:

Where do you get mice bones?

You can buy owl pellets from Ebay and then dissect them for the bones. The cheapest option I found on Ebay is 2 pellets for under $2 with $4 in shipping. I'm lucky enough to live near an aviary so I got my owl pellets there. Owls can't digest bones or fur so they throw-up these parts of the mice they eat in neat balls, perfect for bone hunting.

Image result for owl pellets

Lol that' just wrong but cool all at the same time :)

What about KFC bones? :)

@Nihm haha maybe there are some bones small enough in KCF, Buffalo Wild Wings may help too I guess.

Or just use the bones from the mice your cat brings in and/or you catch in traps.