Answers

By Old Dwarf, in Battles of Westeros

Well here they are:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1122

I am very pleased FFG got this Info out,it's a bit sad for BL but the Westros seems like it's going to be very interesting.Reaction so far has been mixed but I'm considering it a positive move by FFG..Westros is obviously going to be a real war game this may turn off some FFG fans but it seems FFG is moving in that direction with this Game & the Napoleon Game.

OD

Yes, I found CP's information helpful. It had the effect of actually making me more interested in this game than I was before, as I don't feel the need for another BL clone when so much work still needs to be done with the original to allow it to live up to its promise as a fantasy, magical tactical combat game. But given that it's a whole new rule set in BoW, I'm more than willing to give it a second look.

Still, I would have preferred a sci-fi tactical board game, either Gears of War or something set in the TI universe, maybe the non-Dune Dune game we were promised a couple of years ago.

My impression is, that they are tring to do the best for both games.

Without losing the BL-fans, to market a new game, which leans on the BL-system at least at the beginning!

If Westeros sells well, then only the market can decide the future of BL.

We, players, should never forget, that FFG is a firm and in this world "Money counts!"

BR

Pom