Attempt at a Latari list

By Glyph, in Runewars List Building

Hey guys!

My Latari Elves (all the products except for the Darnati Warriors) are in the mail and I'm getting very excited. Although I'm a new player to Latari, I have had half a dozen games of RW so I thought I'd try my hand at a list...let me know what you think!

• Maegan Cyndewin [45]
    > Artifact : Malcorne's Bequest
    > Unique : Martial Magic
  • Scions (2x1) [33]
    > Equipment : Pathwalker's Amulet
    > Unique : Fertile Soil
  • Leonx Riders (2x3) [58]
    > Champion : Aliana of Summersong
    > Heraldry : Raven Tabards
    > Tactics : Column Tactics
  • Deepwood Archers (3x2) [42]
    > Champion : Blackthorn Assassin
    > Equipment : Corruption Rune
    > Siege : Frontline Scion
    > Training : Simultaneous Orders
    > Sorceress : Verdant Sorceress

It looks like a good list. Having only 4 units can be problematic for some objectives, though.

Also, I want to point out that as far as I know, you won't have Corruption Rune until the Darnati Warriors are released, so unless you plan to proxy that card, you'll want to look for a replacement. But the idea of pairing Corruption Rune with Blackthorn Assassin to lay on the banes is definitely interesting!

What's the corruption rune, I've apparently missed it?

9 minutes ago, Darthain said:

What's the corruption rune, I've apparently missed it?

http://runewars.wikia.com/wiki/Corruption_Rune

It was in the card spread of the Berserkers Unit Expansion and Darnati Warriors Unit Expansion.

{Skill} Choose an enemy at range 1- {natural energy} and discard the top card of your morale deck. That enemy suffers damage equal to the number of morale icons on that card, then receives 1 bane based on that card's type:

• Confusion: Stun
  • Doubt: Panic
  • Fear: Immobilize

Upgrade Type - Equipment

Faction - Neutral

Cost - 4

Edited by Budgernaut
2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

Also, I want to point out that as far as I know, you won't have Corruption Rune until the Darnati Warriors are released, so unless you plan to proxy that card, you'll want to look for a replacement. But the idea of pairing Corruption Rune with Blackthorn Assassin to lay on the banes is definitely interesting!

Yeah I know. I'll be getting two boxes of the Warriors as soon as I can, so, until then, I'll proxy.

Indeed, the Archers will shoot a target, apply a Blight token, do damage with Corruption Rune and add another bane. Meanwhile that unit that was peppered by bane tokens from Waiqar Archers, has some removed due to Verdant Sorceress.