Armada Fleet Builder app for iOS

By vitasmortis, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

3 hours ago, vitasmortis said:

Hi all, sorry for the long wait for a reply!

I have a build that is currently waiting for review that will have a fix for the duplicate ships/cards issue, the MC ships issue, AND have all the new Wave 7 card data updates. It was actually ready 2 weeks ago, but Apple for some reason decided that this was the time to hassle me about having the words "Star Wars" anywhere in the app, so they've been dicking me around over all sorts of things and put me in the "extended review" track.

It should hopefully be ready in the next few days *fingers crossed*

I was just about to ask about this.... fabs is crashed out right now, my guess from being the only builder with all the upgrades for wave 7.

Hope apple gets it's **** together.... I could use this app right now lol

Good news! After numerous emails with Apple, the update is FINALLY approved. Expect it to show up any time and let me know if there are any issues. There should HOPEFULLy be no delays for future updates now.

8 hours ago, vitasmortis said:

Good news! After numerous emails with Apple, the update is FINALLY approved. Expect it to show up any time and let me know if there are any issues. There should HOPEFULLy be no delays for future updates now.

Just updated. App now crashes upon opening. Can you check this out?

Woohoo!

I can quit proxying support officers for strategic advisors, intel officers for Bail Organa, and NK7's for HIE's.

On that note, NK7's return to their status as being useless to me again.

Thanks again for your work @vitasmortis

FYI - Minor bug: On my iPhone 5 all the new cards are added, but all of the previously loaded upgrade cards now have doubles.

Thanks for the work!!

On 2/19/2018 at 1:16 AM, Darth Sanguis said:

Just updated. App now crashes upon opening. Can you check this out?

@Darth Sanguis I had the same problem. Deleting the app and reinstalling appears to have fixed it for me so far, but it was frustrating losing all my fleets.

Just now, racknut said:

@Darth Sanguis I had the same problem. Deleting the app and reinstalling appears to have fixed it for me so far, but it was frustrating losing all my fleets.

Thank you, I'll try that!

****, sorry for the crashes guys. I think the problem was the duplicate ships/upgrades/etc being used in a fleet causing a crash after the update. I had THOUGHT I covered all those cases but apparently I missed some. I’ve got another build coming up that should take care of those if anyone cares to wait and save their fleet instead of deleting and reinstalling.

Sorry again.

23 minutes ago, vitasmortis said:

****, sorry for the crashes guys. I think the problem was the duplicate ships/upgrades/etc being used in a fleet causing a crash after the update. I had THOUGHT I covered all those cases but apparently I missed some. I’ve got another build coming up that should take care of those if anyone cares to wait and save their fleet instead of deleting and reinstalling.

Sorry again.

No worries mate! Thanks so much for your effort into this app, I'm so happy to have one on iOS

Ok the new version, 1.12 should hopefully resolve this crash. Any duplicate item that was removed during the date may appear as a blank in your fleet list, so you will have to delete it and re-add it. Sorry for the inconvenience but it was the best I could do in the circumstances.

So I'm already going through the new FAQ and figuring out what is going to need to be updated. I think I'm going to code in the "max 2 flotillas" rule like I did with the "no commanders on flotillas" rule. Unless there are enough people that think this should somehow be left optional?

Edited by vitasmortis
1 hour ago, vitasmortis said:

So I'm already going through the new FAQ and figuring out what is going to need to be updated. I think I'm going to code in the "max 2 flotillas" rule like I did with the "no commanders on flotillas" rule. Unless there are enough people that think this should somehow be left optional?

I think it should be optional, it will make building house ruled fleets impossible. Is there a way to code an alert that notifies the user that the fleet isn't tournament legal if they have more than 2?

Awesome app!!!

Thanks for the update!

@vitasmortis after an update, I can’t stick a Commander on an SSD... ?

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

@vitasmortis after an update, I can’t stick a Commander on an SSD... ?

Me too and also I can’t put turbolasers

Great app!! Allows me to play around with lists without needing all on the table.

Maybe I missed it, but currently I can only add full expansion packs, no barebone ships or cards I got separately. This indeed is not possible? Can it be added?

Another one, bit far fetched, but real for me: I have a nice collection but need to pull 2 fleets out of it, to supply my opponent with ships. Some cards, once spent in one fleet, should not be available again when building the other fleet. Possible, or loads of work for something, admittedly, you can also remember when building.

Edited by Manthareign
Spelling

Thanks for letting me know all! I think the Turbolaser issue should be fixed with the latest data updates, but there were some code fixes that needed to be done for the Commander upgrades (and also the Titles section allowing you to add Boarding Teams). The new version (1.14) with all these fixes and a bunch of UI updates for the SSD's auxiliary battery, shields, etc, is waiting for Apple Review now, so we should see it early this week sometime!

EDIT: It's now available! Update your app in the App Store and let me know if you see any other issues.

Edited by vitasmortis
App now available
On 9/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Manthareign said:

Great app!! Allows me to play around with lists without needing all on the table.

Maybe I missed it, but currently I can only add full expansion packs, no barebone ships or cards I got separately. This indeed is not possible? Can it be added?

Another one, bit far fetched, but real for me: I have a nice collection but need to pull 2 fleets out of it, to supply my opponent with ships. Some cards, once spent in one fleet, should not be available again when building the other fleet. Possible, or loads of work for something, admittedly, you can also remember when building.

Hey I think I saw your question on my website as well, so I'll add my response here too:

You should be able to use the Collection menu to add individually purchased cards, ships, etc. If you click on any of the expansion packs, you can update any cards or models from that pack that you have bought seperately.

The last request is a very cool idea but would be a pretty big update. I will definitely add it to the backlog though!

Is there an update coming soon? Noticed a couple bugs on the SSD build. Can’t add want weps team and offensive retrofit

I'm still using this app A LOT. Thanks @vitasmortis . If you are adding quick settings for Sector Fleet, etc. Could you add a Task Force 200pt quick setting?

The ONLY thing I don't like about this builder is that I can't recommend it to my non-apple buddies. I hope you are well and still enjoying the game.

This app has streamlined our last two campaign nights with 10 guys each time, by allowing us to not have to carry our cards around and make quick fleet changes. Can’t tell you how much our gaming group appreciates it.

Two features that are becoming increasingly desirable:

1 is a second filter, aside from the rebel/empire, that shows only fleets of a certain type or size. 200 points lists, 400 points lists, and 600 points lists would be nice to filter by.

2 is simply adding “task force” to the fleet types with the automatic size of 200 points. This could help with your implementation of number one above.

Also, a personal preference for me would be to have newer fleets on top of the list rather than on the bottom because I keep so many of them, and don’t like to scroll all the way down every time.

Without these I am still getting a ton of use out of it, but these would be significant creature comfort‘s for my group.

Hey @deDios ! Glad you are enjoying the app! I've got a big new update coming out that will have sorting and filtering of fleets, plus a Task Force list type (I cant believe I forgot that, to be honest), and a whole slew of bug fixes. Expect it to show up within the week!

Also, I'm officially going to start developing an Android version for this and my Legion app. People keep asking for it, so I'm just gonna buckle down and build it. I dont know how long it will take, but I'm gonna make it happen!

This app is the one I use for my "official lists", since I always bring my phone to game nights. The web-based ones are for tinkering. Once a list gets out of the tinkering stage and into the "transport box" for play, they get moved over to this app. Thanks for all you do with this one!

Absolutely love this app. Thanks for all the work you’ve put into it!