Lure of Middle-earth Convention at Castle in Germany

By Nerdmeetsyou, in Player community

Every year over 100 players meet at a castle in Germany to play Lord of the Rings themed card games. It will also be the largest gathering of Lord of the Rings LCG players in Europe. Among many things we will play multiple Epic Multiplayer Modes with 12 persons each. And also many special variants and events.

The registration for next year has started now!

http://lureofmiddleearth.com/

If you have any questions about the event feel free to ask.

Very interesting. I give you an additional exposure in the french forum: http://sdajce.forumactif.org/t6954-du-9-au-11-mars-gros-evenement-en-allemagne

How many players usually gather for this event? We try also to challenge the "largest gathering" in Europe with our national "between 50 and 70 players" one day event :).

I probably won't be able to come. If I do how convenient is the public transportation to get to it? Is there any foreign people or everyone speak german?

Thank you for posting it there!

Normaly about 100 players gather there. But the number is growing especially for the Lord of the Rings LCG portion.
Do you have 50 to 70 players only playing Lord of the Rings LCG? Then you would actually have more players there.

Public Transport is okay. There is a train that goes to the city where the castle is at. And you can get there from all over Germany without a problem. But you have to walk up the mountain to get there :-) Which a lot of people do for a nice walk.
I normally get a taxi because of all the stuff I have to carry to the event.

There are a lot of international people - spanish, norwegian, even some French. A lot of English is spoken there to communicate.

Thanks for all the clarification. I correct about the location of the castle.

I go further and I see price of the event. 80 to 100€ including all breakfast, launch, dinner, fees for playing and sleep. Amazing O_o. It become really tempting since money was my main concern about getting traveling so far ^^.

Edited by Rouxxor

Great to hear! The prices are meant to cover costs, not make money. Hope to see you there!

The program is released and there is amazing things to do. If you are still hesitating I encourage you to subscribe ;).

@Nerdmeetsyou Is there anywhere online where I can join people who will play in there to plan in advance group and synchronize our deckbuilding?

On 7.1.2018 at 10:48 PM, Rouxxor said:

The program is released and there is amazing things to do. If you are still hesitating I encourage you to subscribe ;).

@Nerdmeetsyou Is there anywhere online where I can join people who will play in there to plan in advance group and synchronize our deckbuilding?

There is no official forum. But most of the final deck planing and team finding can be done on site at the event :-)
(I'm thinking about an official forum, we should discuss that at the next Lure.)

And they have created one: http://forum.lureofmiddleearth.com/index.php I will discuss here if some others players want to join me.

Edited by Rouxxor