Duel Flow Chart

By Doji Meshou, in Rules Questions

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H2jEVplFLJtdpMsyOe_Y1aoADMeLK60F

Updated to reflect the new Center action and to add some visual distinguishers for what you can do with/without a weapon ready.

I think this is finished and accurate at this point. Would somebody please check to make sure I haven't missed anything? If so, I'll call it done for v1.0. :)

Edited by Doji Meshou
Updated to reflect Provoke requiring a readied weapon
On 11/1/2017 at 10:40 AM, Doji Meshou said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aBlekpoWBQazF1Y2tkRUdsVW8/view?usp=sharing

Updated to reflect the capacity to choose NOT to roll in the Assessment phase.

I think this is finished and accurate at this point. Would somebody please check to make sure I haven't missed anything? If so, I'll call it done for v1.0. :)

can you make it fit on 1 sheeet of letter or A4?

3 hours ago, AK_Aramis said:

can you make it fit on 1 sheeet of letter or A4?

I'll see what I can do! No promises -- it's a lot of text -- but at minimum I can shrink it.

Updated for v2.0. Let me know if I missed anything; I think the only impact was to Air Stance.

You may have missed the change to TN on Center. It's 1+1 for every 2 successes now, instead of 2 + 1 for each success (so half as effective).

Fixed. Thanks @ubik2!

Doesn't provoke require a readied weapon?
"
Activation: As a Scheme action using one readied weapon , you may
make a TN 3 Martial Arts check using the appropriate skill for the weapon,
targeting one character.
"

emp, by me.

Holy heck, it does. Not sure how I missed that. Will update. Thanks!

were there any changes that came up in 3?

@Daeglan : Calming Breath got very slightly tweaked, but it's such a small edge case change that I don't think I need to reissue a new version of the flowchart. Nothing else in the flow chart changed, but the mechanics of damage changed significantly. (But that's outside the scope of the chart!)

Thanks

I guess now the flow has changed :P

25 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I guess now the flow has changed :P

Not to much needs to be changed.

"Participants have the opportunity to concede the duel." should be between Start of the Round and Staredown

"Participants suffer strife equal to the current round" needs to be added to Staredown.

Center's effects have changed, Provoke is replaced with Predict.

Don't forget the Strife automatically suffered during Staredown.

Another change needed: Strife bidding is now a value between 0 and your Focus instead of your Composure.

Hi folks,

I haven't had a chance to update this yet for v4.0. I plan to make time later this week or early next week; we had a very busy GMing weekend, and the week before Christmas is crazy at my work. Thanks for your patience!