Legion BattleScribe files up-to-date with Wave 1 spoilers!

By Dr Lucky, in Star Wars: Legion

For those of you who like to do your list building with an army builder program, I updated my BattleScribe files for Legion with the Wave 1 expansion spoilers from FFG's news articles. In this case, that means I added the AT-ST and T-47 Airspeeder units, along with some new upgrade cards (Grappling Hooks and Comms Jammer).

If you don't use BattleScribe already or if you use BattleScribe for other games but don't have files for Legion yet, I left instructions in my original post in early September:

(This post also has a lot more general info on what BattleScribe is and why I think it's such a great army-building program.) If you download the files from the links there, you'll always get the most recent version.

If you are already using my Legion files for BattleScribe, you should just need to update your data to get the most recent files.

Obviously, I've only added what was spoiled in the announcement articles, which means we're still missing some things:

• Hardpoint upgrades for the AT-ST (DW-3 Concussion Grenade Launcher, 88 Twin Light Blaster Cannon, AT-ST Mortar Launcher)

• Hardpoint upgrades for the T-47 (AX108 "Ground Buzzer", Mo/DK Power Harpoon)

• Grenades in the Stormtooper/Rebel Trooper expansions (Impact Grenades)

• Comms upgrade from the Speeder Bikes (there's a third Comms card besides Long-Range Comms and Comms Jammer)

• Pilots for the AT-ST or T-47

If any of those get spoiled, I'll add them to the files.

If you find any bugs or typos, please drop me a note and I'll get them corrected. Also, feel free to reach out if you've got any questions.

Have fun!

FYI - I updated the BattleScribe files with Snowtroopers and General Veers. I had to make some assumptions based on squinting at preview images and Veers' new upgrade icon. I also updated some of the terminology, like Resilience, as we've gotten more previews. Update your data and you'll get the new stuff.

I did make a change to how Stormtrooper weapons were handled, so if you get a weird message upon loading an older list, it's because the list is reacting to my change to the Stormtrooper standard weapons. You may have to go into them and actually equip their standard E-11 guns. Sorry about that, but little organizational changes come with the territory when making files for games we don't actually have the full rules for yet. Things will stabilize once we actually have complete information.

Thanks for putting in the work.

Yes thanks

And once again, the files have been updated, this time with the new information from Friday's AT-ST preview article. Just tell BattleScribe to update your data and you'll get all the new AT-ST Hardpoint weapons along with General Weiss as a Pilot.

Sorry for the delay - I actually uploaded the updates late Friday night but it takes a while for them to go live and I was so busy yesterday I forgot to let everyone know.

Dont apologise for amazing work you do in your own time, it is very much appreciated!

Thanks to everyone who put that together and for the info. I love battlescribe. I use it for all my 40k army lists. I'll definitely use it for Legion too.

12 hours ago, Omnustechni said:

Thanks to everyone who put that together and for the info. I love battlescribe. I use it for all my 40k army lists. I'll definitely use it for Legion too.

I'm glad to do it. I enjoy working with BattleScribe and the Legion catalogue is the first I've built completely from scratch, which has been a lot of fun. It really isn't much of a chore to maintain once the underlying structure is in place, especially because I've taken my lessons learned from the X-Wing and Armada catalogues to try to keep the Legion files very cleanly organized.

Like you, I originally started using BattleScribe for 40k, but it's been a while since I've played 40k... It's a great program.

And, I updated the data again, this time with the new T-47 upgrade cards. However, it takes a while once I upload the data for it to filter through to the public facing site that BattleScribe pulls from. If you update your data in the morning, you should get the new update.

And once again, the data has been updated, this time with new info from the Stormtrooper article.

FYI - On mobile, the app will periodically ask if you want to update your data. It usually only takes about 20 seconds. If you just update every time it asks, the worst thing that can happen is that you don't get anything new, but if you get in the habit, your data will always be pretty recent.

Leia and the Fleet Troopers are in place now if you care to update your data.