Caught between this... And the RPG.

By Zombinator, in Anima: Tactics

Well both this, the card game and the RPG, all look amazing.

I have a tough problem, I am not sure which one I want to get into the most XD.

I really like the look of the figures, but I don't know too much about the information and mechanics behind the game, so I was thinking of coming along to the demo session this saturday or, maybe the next one if I can't make this one.

Is there anything I need to buy or bring, if I do come? Or can I just sit and watch. Also. How popular is the game? I got into Warhammer a year or so ago, and have quite a big army, I just never know where to find other people to play with casually or where to go... So it makes me a bit shy haha :P .

Also, again, how popular is the RPG? Is it hard to find groups of people to join, or would I be better for starting my own campaign?

Thanks for all the help guys =).

-Jo

Ok, I haven't played the RPG, just looked over the rulebook, but if you aren't a very experienced gamer, it looks like a good one to stay away from. Good grief its complicated looking! Quite a mess.

The skirmish game is simple, exciting and the minis are very cool.

I don't know that its got a lot of popularity though. Its just caught on with a few people in my area.

The RPG is great if you're not the type to be daunted by what looks like a complex system. When I first started reading it the mechanics seemed really complex but that mostly due to the way the book is laid out. The System explains itself in progression chapter to chapter rather than presenting you with a mechanic in its entirity then presenting another mechanic like most RPGs instead it presents a piece of the system then another piece and another until at the end of the book it all falls into place.

I and my players are having a great time with the game now that we have gota few sessions behind us.

I know of a few people (In my area, Melbourne) that were looking for players/GMs but it would seem like most RPG's its best to look at Gaming Clubs or start your own.

As for the Tabletop its a MUCH less complex system which was designed for quick and fast play with a very short learning curve. It usually takes only a single game to have it all figured out. COmmunity wise it depends on where you are and how frequently you are looking to play. Many people play the game in small casual groups with friends in my area (again in my area) as well as there being a growing group that come to my demonstrations and events. Gencon in the states always seems to get a big turn-out to play Anima and there are Free Agents running the game world wide with regular groups. On the Anima Forum Here in the Anima Tactics section is a thread that lists people names and locations.

Compared to Warhammer, Anima: Tactics is WAY cheaper and while the game doesn't have the massed following of the GW stuff it see's pretty regular play and is growing (A lot of people get into it through the figs which they buy for RPG uses and then look into the tabletop, or so im told).

- Raith

Thanks for the input guys.

I think I will come along to the demo at Mind Games, and then see how it plays out from there and decide... Might even try to get some friends to come along if I can get anyone interested.

I might also try to con my friends into starting a Anima RPG campaign because the system looks awesome. It's not like I am inexperienced because I have played rifts and even DnD before, just wanted something more my style.

And yeah, I really like the look of the models as well xP... Haha ^^.

-Jo

Anima Tactics is a great system that is growing for sure, its cheap to get into and super easy....without rambling and saying what everyone else said..the minis game is worth in IMO