Maro's Blightcats

By Tvayumat, in Runewars List Building

Ran this list today to pretty decent success. It's tricky to maneuver two 6-tray blocks around one another, but the Leonx Riders being able to shift as early as initiative 2 kept the Lancers open to use their broad front and huge damage potential.

At four units with one MSU Archer, it can struggle to meet objectives, but the Riders bring much needed speed and variability to Waiqar right now.

Ankaur Maro x1 [40]

--Artifact: Fortunas Dice [6]
--Unique: Violent Forces [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 52

Leonx Riders x6 [40]
--Heraldry: Raven Tabards [2]
--Training: Column Tactics [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 46

Carrion Lancers x6 [68]
--Equipment: Master-Crafted Weapons [4]
--Training: Combat Ingenuity [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 78

Reanimate Archers x2 [18]
--Training: Combat Ingenuity [6]
----------Total Unit Cost: 24

Neat

I have to know: what is your strategy/protocol for using Maro in this setup to add trays? I usually bring this setup thinking that I'm not going to use his necromantic magics, but I always get scared and give up attacking to add 2 trays to a struggling infantry unit. Not sure if I should use his activation that way, since he has a powerful attack.

7 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I have to know: what is your strategy/protocol for using Maro in this setup to add trays? I usually bring this setup thinking that I'm not going to use his necromantic magics, but I always get scared and give up attacking to add 2 trays to a struggling infantry unit. Not sure if I should use his activation that way, since he has a powerful attack.

Mostly, he is just a ranged offensive model in this list.

Fortunas Dice and Violent Forces makes him a very reliable figure upgrade sniper.

Adding a few trays to the archers is a solid backup move if he winds up too far from the action with extra hp, but I would almost always prefer to have him attacking with two bonus hits dialled in.

Edited by Tvayumat

I was his opponent in that game. It was a fun list, definitely has some teeth and tech. Give it a shot, it'll make you play Maro a little differently than what seems to be the prevailing opinion on the forums.

20 hours ago, oda204 said:

I was his opponent in that game. It was a fun list, definitely has some teeth and tech. Give it a shot, it'll make you play Maro a little differently than what seems to be the prevailing opinion on the forums.

I think Maro with Violent Forces and Fortuna's is quite good. I've used it on different occasions with pretty good success. Used it against Latari with the heroes imbedded in a unit of archers and the other in a unit of Leonx. Used Fortuna's Dice to get an accuracy and mortal wounded the Maegan, then used executioner to finish her off... She didn't get to do anything for her unit.

6 leonx and 6 lancers?

that is just evil.....i like it

37 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

6 leonx and 6 lancers?

that is just evil.....i like it

Just realized "The Hard Six" is a way better list name.