Hero Basing Pictures

By Glucose98, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

I still haven't painted any of my hero bases. Do you guys have some pictures of what some good ones look like? Some techniques as well? I feel a little lost in how I should go about it.

I could post some awful ones ;)

Here are 2 I've done, shoot me questions and I'll elaborate on any/all

79v1EKV.jpg

7MCG4og.jpg

Heres some of mine, feel free to ask any questions
Kf4djU9.jpg
XgY2tpr.jpg
voeJM3k.jpg jjNo4Pn.jpg

5 hours ago, Drakthal said:

Heres some of mine, feel free to ask any questions

I don't know what sort of paint you're using, but it looks like it's cracked ... too much sun maybe? :P

Seriously though - those bases are amazing! I can't tell if you've freehanded the "cracks" or if it is something you've applied ... how did you do it?

1 hour ago, maxam said:

I don't know what sort of paint you're using, but it looks like it's cracked ... too much sun maybe? :P

Seriously though - those bases are amazing! I can't tell if you've freehanded the "cracks" or if it is something you've applied ... how did you do it?

Those cracks are crackle paint, or in this case given the color palette very likely GW aggrelan earth. It is a crackle paint they sell, does a nice job, and is pre-brown. So the texture just takes care of itself.

3 hours ago, Darthain said:

Those cracks are crackle paint, or in this case given the color palette very likely GW aggrelan earth. It is a crackle paint they sell, does a nice job, and is pre-brown. So the texture just takes care of itself.

Awesome! I'm going to have to get me some!

1 hour ago, maxam said:

Awesome! I'm going to have to get me some!

I have 2 types, aggtelan, which is about 8$ per 24ml and distress crackle paint, which was 13$ for 120ish ml (is clear). I still will buy another aggrelan (it doesn't go quite as far, naturally, but saves me a step). Whether that's worth the premium is up to you.

Darthain is absolutely correct. I used Agrellan Earth, then shaded with Agrax Earthshade, then drybrushing with Karak Stone and Ushabti bone

Its actually a really easy process. The only 2 important things are that you do not put a too thin or too thick layer of agrellan earth on. And that you do not start any paint work before the last layer is completely dry.

Edited by Drakthal

Here are my hero bases so far. They are really very simply done, just painted in brown and grey, drybrushed and then I added some static grass.

Undead_ArdusIxErebusSm.jpg

Daqan_KariWraithstalkerSm.jpg

Waiqar_AnkaurMaro_01.jpg

Daqan_LordHawthorneSm.jpg

Be creative! The included scenic bases are nice, but you can always add a little flair with some extra bits.

bF5NwyCl.jpg eIAY0bCl.jpg

A1aJyorl.jpg cxUFS51l.jpg

Edited by Tvayumat

@Tvayumat Those puddles. A+.

Edited by Darthain