List of Box Contents

By TalisDiorn, in Legacy of Dragonholt

I watched the BGG video with Corey Konieczka at Gen Con where they discussed Legacy of Dragonholt. During the interview, they look at the back of the box. I've seen photos of the contents, but it was great to see the actual list of contents. I haven't seen this anywhere else, so I thought I would provide the list here:

Contents

1 Rulebook - 1 Character Creation Book

6 Quest Books - 1 Village Book - 1 Letter - 1 Map

1 Journal - 20 Item Cards - 6 Activation Tokens

6 Character Sheets

Really excited about the Item Cards! :)

Edited by TalisDiorn

Really excited about the letter... :)

Huh, somehow I totally missed the journal when I watched that. Curious what this may be exactly. The 20 item cards are the other crucial info not apparent simply by looking at the ever-present image of the contents (there are cards, but can't tell how many and what for). Having the letter that starts the campaign as a hand-out is nice, but nothing to get excited about. Conversely, only six character sheets for a 1-6 player game that they're emphasizing the replayability of seems rather stingy. Yes, there'll obviously be a PDF of that, but still... Where have the days of the thick campaign pad of the Descent 2e base game gone? Should be 12+ sheets. On a related note, I sure hope FFG don't forget to release PDFs of the track sheets "in the back of each quest book" (and, one presumes, also the village book). :)

The journal is probably what you use to track decisions and where you checkmark the boxes as indicated in some of the sample text we've seen. I'm sure you will probably be able to just copy the character sheets, so no real need for them to include more. They will probably also have the character sheets available as a pdf online once the product is released.

37 minutes ago, mwmcintyre said:

The journal is probably what you use to track decisions and where you checkmark the boxes as indicated in some of the sample text we've seen.

Well, no. From the product page:

As adventurers’ stories progress, they mark their advancement on the track sheet included in the back of each quest book. This records the entries they have read and the subsequent decisions they have made.

I guess it might be another handout, i.e. some character's journal?

Taking another look at said image of the box contents, I was either practically blind or uncharacteristically forgetful, as there's clearly a small booklet labeled "Sonia's Journal".

Aaah.

Wait. There's no custom dice? I was looking forward to getting new bones.

So it does use dice though? I'm curious about that and combat. I'm almost sold, not 100% yet.

I like everything so far though.

i agree I'd have expected a thick pad of character sheets. Oh well

On 10/17/2017 at 3:07 PM, Ywingscum said:

So it does use dice though? I'm curious about that and combat. I'm almost sold, not 100% yet.

I like everything so far though.

i agree I'd have expected a thick pad of character sheets. Oh well

I'm actually starting to think there isn't any combat (beyond a choose your own adventure book combat, i.e. "if you have the 'brawling' skill go to entry 325, if not go to entry 244" type stuff. There are no dice, and I don't think there are any randomizing action cards, plus your character has no attributes, so that's what it's looking like to me.

If that's the case this game is pretty much the Sherlock Holmes 1 and done type game.

It's a choose your own adventure book that can be played with a group of people.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:01 PM, Salex215 said:

If that's the case this game is pretty much the Sherlock Holmes 1 and done type game.

It's a complex Choose Your Own Adventure book. Those tended to have no randomization or dice involved, yet had lots of replay value as you can make different choices each time through. It also sounds like different characters will have different skills, unlocking different story options.

2 hours ago, KrisWall said:

It's a complex Choose Your Own Adventure book.

No joke. Entry 9888??? :blink: Wow…

ora01_article4_character_page2.png