Leonx Riders +1 charge modifier

By Thornoo1, in Runewars Rules Questions

Does the +1 on the charge modifier work like:

1. If you select a 3 charge it becomes a 4 charge, OR
  2. If you select a 3 charge it becomes a 3 charge plus a 1 charge, i.e use two movement templates

If it is option one does that mean you cannot charge any more than 4 as that is the largest movement template.

Leonx%20Riders.png

Its a +1 to the selected charge, 1->2, 2->3, and 4->4 (as 4 is the max template for charging)

Also they can do length 2 shift charges with it.

Edited by Glucose98
20 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

Its a +1 to the selected charge, 1->2, 2->3, and 4->4 (as 4 is the max template for charging)

Also they can do length 2 shift charges with it.

Quoted for emphasis and to prevent doubt. Listen to this one.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, Darthain said:

Quoted for emphasis and to prevent doubt. Listen to this one.

So for clarification. If I had a 4 dialed in and did the +1 I do not go 5 total?

1 minute ago, Curlycross said:

So for clarification. If I had a 4 dialed in and did the +1 I do not go 5 total?

Correct, you just go 4, but faster!

31 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Correct, you just go 4, but faster!

Sounds like I didn't go any faster, I dial in 4, so I wait till the init of 4 and then still only go 4. I'm pretty sure that is not the intent. to me you move 4 and then you charge 1. The same way that oathsworn move two and then modify to move two. They can move six. It would make no sense to say +1 charge and not allow you to charge 5, if 4 is an option (4+1). I do agree it makes it so you can go 3 charge at a 2 charge init. But I also feel like you can do a 4 template move and then a 1 template move if you so choose, they would be the same length.

8 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

Sounds like I didn't go any faster, I dial in 4, so I wait till the init of 4 and then still only go 4. I'm pretty sure that is not the intent. to me you move 4 and then you charge 1. The same way that oathsworn move two and then modify to move two. They can move six. It would make no sense to say +1 charge and not allow you to charge 5, if 4 is an option (4+1). I do agree it makes it so you can go 3 charge at a 2 charge init. But I also feel like you can do a 4 template move and then a 1 template move if you so choose, they would be the same length.

Except the rules say, explicitly, you don't. You use the biggest available template, they are limiting.

56.2:

If a movement’s speed is higher than the speed on the
available templates of that type, the player uses the
template of that type with the highest available speed value.

--

You can also dial in a speed 3 turn, but there isn't a template for that.

I get the speed 3 wheel (turn is available). What I'm saying though is Cavalry move 4 then 2, why is this allowed?

2 separate actions

well that is dumb.

15 hours ago, Curlycross said:

well that is dumb.

Great outlook there.

3 hours ago, Darthain said:

Great outlook there.

Thanks.

balance...sometimes things don't make sense because...balance

37 minutes ago, jek said:

balance...sometimes things don't make sense because...balance

Oh I get it, just not the answer I wanted. To me charging someone from 5 away just sounds awesome, lol.

27 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

Oh I get it, just not the answer I wanted. To me charging someone from 5 away just sounds awesome, lol.

play uthuk, their cav can do that!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, jek said:

play uthuk, their cav can do that!

I will be playing Uthuk, and I can't wait!!

Edited by Curlycross

lol

I think only one relevant rule text has been left out so far, so I'll just drop this here...

RRG Pg 15, RR-56.2

- "A movement modifier's speed is always added to or subtracted from the selected actions' speed."

- "If a movement's speed is higher than the speed on the available templates of that type, the player uses the template of that type with the highest available speed value"

18 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

I think only one relevant rule text has been left out so far, so I'll just drop this here...

RRG Pg 15, RR-56.2

- "A movement modifier's speed is always added to or subtracted from the selected actions' speed."

- "If a movement's speed is higher than the speed on the available templates of that type, the player uses the template of that type with the highest available speed value"

That's when +1 or -2 is involved but when it is March 4 and modifier March 2. that is two separate actions. Also I believe they were talking about the 5 for Uthuk Cavalry, because of the mandatory 1 to start...

1 hour ago, Curlycross said:

That's when +1 or -2 is involved but when it is March 4 and modifier March 2. that is two separate actions. Also I believe they were talking about the 5 for Uthuk Cavalry, because of the mandatory 1 to start...

Aren't we talking about using a Charge with a +1 to modify a March 4?

59 minutes ago, Tvayumat said:

Aren't we talking about using a Charge with a +1 to modify a March 4?

I guess there are so many conversations at once it's hard to pin point who is referencing what.

I was talking about being up set about the new to me knowledge of 4+1 isn't 4 and then 1, it's just 4. Then we talked about march 4 and a modifier of march 1. Then someone mentioned Uthuk can charge in 5. That is their mandatory move 1 when dial is shown and then a 4 charge. Then you made a comment notating it hadn't been mentioned but I think it had (though could have been a different forum post, which would be my assumption then) about the 3+1 = 4; 4+1 = 4. Due to template rules. My comment you quoted here was in reference to the Mandatory march 1 then a march 4 charge (goes 5). And the notation that march 4 and modifier march 1 or 2 goes 6 because it is two separate marches and not a march with a + or - modifier.

cavalry moving 4 + 2 isnt a charge either. Battlecats going 4 and +1Charge would be a 5speed charge.

Cavalry sacrifice the charge action to move that fast. Thats why its allowed.

Besides battlecats have shifts available to them, oaths dont have a shift at all.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

cavalry moving 4 + 2 isnt a charge either. Battlecats going 4 and +1Charge would be a 5speed charge.

Cavalry sacrifice the charge action to move that fast. Thats why its allowed.

Besides battlecats have shifts available to them, oaths dont have a shift at all.

Battlecats going 4 and +1 charge is still a 4 charge, because of what @Tvayumat was referencing.

21 hours ago, Tvayumat said:

RRG Pg 15, RR-56.2

yeah i was stating the similarities if the 5charge was allowed.

Battlecats would not only have access to a good shift action over oaths, but would have access to a longer range charge as well.
Therefore, oaths movine 4+2 w/o a charge is fine because they dont attack this round anyway (and get a panic) if they bumped something.