Relase date?

By EricaOdd, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Hey all!

I got in on the preorder, and I was wondering if there is a release date yet other than "4th quarter of 2017"?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, with how things are looking, the release date probably won't be any sooner than February 2018, and will likely be later than that.

The book hasn't even gone to be printed yet, so it's got at minimum 74 more days before it's released, and probably more like 115 days to go. And that's even assuming it goes to the printer this week. Which it might not.

Edited by Absol197
On 16/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Absol197 said:

Unfortunately, with how things are looking, the release date probably won't be any sooner than February 2018, and will likely be later than that.

The book hasn't even gone to be printed yet, so it's got at minimum 74 more days before it's released, and probably more like 115 days to go. And that's even assuming it goes to the printer this week. Which it might not.

Well, if that's true..it's somewhat poopy

Tell me about it. One of the five books still languishing In Development is the career sourcebook for my favorite career in Force and Destiny. So I know how you feel.

Hopefully we'll start seeing movement this week! ...Don't hold you breath on that, though.

I'm trying to figure out how books which were finished 30 years ago and refined 20 years ago need extra development.

the In Development status is also use placeholder for "Waiting printing". Meaning, it's likely in some sort of queue, waiting on a printer.

On 10/19/2017 at 1:59 PM, kaosoe said:

the In Development status is also use placeholder for "Waiting printing". Meaning, it's likely in some sort of queue, waiting on a printer.

Maybe they're having a PC load letter error

1 minute ago, qwertyuiop said:

Maybe they're having a PC load letter error

"PC Load Letter?! What the **** does that even mean?!"

Seriously, though, FFG doesn't have a lot of time left if they don't want this to be a 31st anniversary edition.

This book is not releasing until next year, probably March or April. Unless they've been secretly advancing it through production without updating their site, but they've never done that before, so I don't see why they'd start doing it now.

31st Anniversary it is! Which in some ways is better. It's only one year off from a nice, round number :P .

Edited by Absol197

So, in no way better.

Nope. It's unfortunate.

It got updated to At the Printer last week.

Just had a thought,

not many people know that the first print (limited) run of The World of Indiana Jones (the RPG) was in the D6 system, and a hardback book format,

its incredible rare, (hence not people knowing about it)

now thinking, that both properties belong to LucasFilm/Disney, and that FFG already has the rights to produce the current version of Star Wars....

'and that they also got to reprint a West End Games game....

'so many things things under the same stable,

'and that there are a number of reprinted retro games being printed right now, so seems to be trending,

if FFG could reprint this version of this incredibly rare game it would be like printing money...

and it's so rare that to many this would appear to be a new book,

Edited by Harper.
On 12/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, Harper. said:

not many people know that the first print (limited) run of The World of Indiana Jones (the RPG) was in the D6 system, and a hardback book format,

its incredible rare, (hence not people knowing about it)

I have it in my head that the World of Indiana Jones RPG used the MasterBook System, but that a later supplement--Indiana Jones adventures?--provided guidelines for converting it to the d6 System.

-Nate

On 18/12/2017 at 11:15 PM, Nate said:

I have it in my head that the World of Indiana Jones RPG used the MasterBook System, but that a later supplement--Indiana Jones adventures?--provided guidelines for converting it to the d6 System.

-Nate

That's true, but the very first version of the game came in hardback and with the D6 system, master book came later, apparently the owner of WEG wanted to keep the D6 system exclusively for Star Wars, but he later regretted that decision,